Impact

If The Riddler was in TDKR

As for who could have played the Riddler I would have loved to see DiCaprio play it.

Vincent Cassell is definitely an interesting choice. JGL could've flexed his acting chops for the role too. BUT I'm going to have to vote for Gosling. I think he would've done the role justice and really transformed for the role.

I just read Michael C. Hall and initially thought he was in TDK as that TV news reporter, then I remembered that was Anthony Michael Hall from the Breakfast Club.As for my pick for the Riddler, since TDK, I always thought of Guy Pearce, who was in Nolan's Memento. Anyway, Nolan could have created a Riddler who wasn't necessarily the psycho that the Joker was, but moreso a villain who was superior to Batman intellectually like Bane is superior to Batman physically.Whatever film Nolan makes next, I'd like to see him unite the stars of most of his films starting from Memento. Like have a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Guy Pearce, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy, etc.

I would like a good Mr. Freeze. But I understand that wouldn't fit in Nolan's universe.

Nolan won't be in charge anymore after this so, you never know. ;) Honestly, I don't think that Mr. Freeze would ever really work unless it was more like Burton's version of Batman.At some point they'll have the Joker again. They could probably do the Penguin if they never actually call him the Penguin, LOL. Just use his real name, Chester Cobblepot.I think the Riddler would be a good villain to go with the next time around.

That's really who Nolan should've went with for this final installment.. They could've made the RIDDLER out to be more like the ZODIAC killer set in Gotham City and it would work well with Nolan's insistent on everything being so damn REAL, but instead, you Batfans get BANE: An unitelligable villain you can barely make out when he speaks..

Agreed. Riddler as a John Doe type serial killer leaving clues for the police would have been awesome, and would have allowed Batman to go into full on detective mode for a change. I honestly think that the choice of Bane as a villain has hurt TDKR at the BO more than the lack of Joker, shooting tragedy or anything else.

Actually, that`s what WB suggested to Nolan. And judging by Django trailer, he would`ve been terrific.

Yeah I read about that a month ago where they had a article about the original choice WB wanted.Funny since I thought he would of been good in it also.

Agreed. Riddler as a John Doe type serial killer leaving clues for the police would have been awesome, and would have allowed Batman to go into full on detective mode for a change. I honestly think that the choice of Bane as a villain has hurt TDKR at the BO more than the lack of Joker, shooting tragedy or anything else.

I really doubt Bane is the primary reason for the underwhelming box office.