baumer

Tues Numbers RTH

As a stand alone film (independent from the Spider-Man brand-name) and given the history of how reboots perform, Amazing Spider-Man's gross is great.

As a Spider-Man film (given its brand-name and performances of the earlier versions) and against its projections/expectations, Amazing Spider-Man's gross is a disappointment.

Who really was expectating the great gross for TASM? I remember people bitching about the reboot. They wanted Raimi and Maguire back so it's revisionist history to say it did below expectations. It had under 200M club and quite a few members were in it so I'm not sure other than iJack who else predicted crazy numbers for it.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Yeah... Like WWZ and MU didn't have a 250 pages thread in which people talked about their numbers. That discussion isn't getting old..

and most of the discussion was about how lousy number MOS had. At this point all of the suspense is gone for MOS. It's looking at 280-290M finish so no point in the constant bickering.

• Like 1

Who really was expectating the great gross for TASM? I remember people bitching about the reboot. They wanted Raimi and Maguire back so it's revisionist history to say it did below expectations. It had under 200M club and quite a few members were in it so I'm not sure other iJack who else predicted crazy numbers for it.

Unlike TASM, a lot hell of more people had unrealistic expectations for MoS. I've been saying all along that MoS would perform similar to TASM and got shit for that. It's performing great for a reboot. If anything, judging by other people expectations, TASM just looked like a disappointment for my predictions, not a hell of lot of people predicting crazy stuff like MoS outperforming IM3. 

I hope that I enjoy MoS as much as I do with TASM, and I hope both films spring sequels, regardless those films known shortcomings. 

• Like 2

Unlike TASM, a lot hell of more people had unrealistic expectations for MoS. I've been saying all along that MoS would perform similar to TASM and got shit for that. It's performing great for a reboot. If anything, judging by other people expectations, TASM just looked like a disappointment for my predictions, not a hell of lot of people predicting crazy stuff like MoS outperforming IM3. 

I hope that I enjoy MoS as much as I do with TASM, and I hope both films spring sequels, regardless those films known shortcomings. 

It would be great if you can name these "a lot of people". The average prediction for MOS here is more or less 300 M.

Who really was expectating the great gross for TASM? I remember people bitching about the reboot. They wanted Raimi and Maguire back so it's revisionist history to say it did below expectations. It had under 200M club and quite a few members were in it so I'm not sure other than iJack who else predicted crazy numbers for it.

Box office analysts pegged it at $300M+ domestic.

and most of the discussion was about how lousy number MOS had. At this point all of the suspense is gone for MOS. It's looking at 280-290M finish so no point in the constant bickering.

The beef people are having is because I'm tracking both MoS and TASM second weekdays. Today TASM outperformed MoS at the same current moment in time, but the real question is with the weekend. TASM performed awful $10m at the wake of TDKR and the Aurora massacre. I'm very curious to see how MoS will perform this weekend, especially MoS performance. 

• Like 1

The beef people are having is because I'm tracking both MoS and TASM second weekdays. Today TASM outperformed MoS at the same current moment in time, but the real question is with the weekend. TASM performed awful $10m at the wake of TDKR and the Aurora massacre. I'm very curious to see how MoS will perform this weekend, especially MoS performance. 

What you're doing is beyond tracking. More like an obsession.

It would be great if you can name these "a lot of people". The average prediction for MOS here is more or less 300 M.

Are you seriously asking me that?

Spider-Man made 850m WW. I think MoS has the potential to make much more than that, but I'll stick to over TASM and 752M.IN BEFORE TRAILER 2Halba - 1.1BCEDAR - 855Warmaster506 - 800+iTz ED - 800+Jay Salahi - 780Squaremaster316 - 760BlenderbusChDkayumanjiBryanglassfairyfishnetsIN BEFORE TRAILER 3Neo - 809Goffe - 770OrestesInfamousreddevil18vc2002IN AFTER TRAILER 3GiantCALBears - 875Heretic - 840keysersoze123 - 800peludo - 800DASH - 800Polar Bear - 780Dar - 753junkshop38iStarkDeathlifeky02121baumeraDIMAzazelCmasterclayOUTSdashrendar44 - 720mcclaine - 715Alpha - 712Sam - 700Jack0 - 700grey ghost - 700Olive - 690firedeep - 690 (up from 340m)Luiz Nando - 660Kalo21 - 650john kerry - 650WileECoyote - 645SultanofWhat - 640bapi - 630AA - 600ACCA - 600The Stingray - 600Darth Homer - 600Fake - 575Godzilla - 550CJohn - 500filmnerdjamie - 500Tower - 450Dman7 - 450HateboxDon Niam StingrayMichael G ScottBKBShawnMRRichWSWarhorseEntAcetabulum7messipotamiaFilmbuffdjdunkeykongGodIsCool

The general concensus among MoS supporters was that MoS would come close or surpass IM3 at the box office, let alone TASM. 

Box office analysts pegged it at $300M+ domestic.

Okay and same analysts including our BO.com predicted well above 300M for MOS so this debate is pointless. At this point both reboot have done their job. Get the origin out of the way so more sequels can be made so in this respect both are equally successful.

• Like 2

Are you seriously asking me that?  The general concensus among MoS supporters was that MoS would come close or surpass IM3 at the box office, let alone TASM.

Hahaha wtf general consensus? What Dimension is this, is this earth?
  • Like 1

What you're doing is beyond tracking. More like an obsession.

It's not more of an obsession than what you do here, I actually post a whole lot less than most people around these boards. I'm just tracking the two films and sharing the results. I don't know why it bothers some people so much.

Are you seriously asking me that?

The general concensus among MoS supporters was that MoS would come close or surpass IM3 at the box office, let alone TASM. 

There's only prediction over 860M. That being the 1.1B one. The next one is 855. Tell me HOW A SINGLE MEMBER predicting that can be considered 'general consensus'? Now that you know the box office and things, you'd call it over predicted, but back then when we thought that World War Z was going to flop and that MU was going to perform in the 70's area, not 80's, this was still possible. I say the predictions are perfectly fine.

It's not more of an obsession than what you do here, I actually post a whole lot less than most people around these boards. I'm just tracking the two films and sharing the results. I don't know why it bothers some people so much.

Most people post a lot about all movies, your whole existence among 7000 posts revolves aroundTASM. Thats the difference

There's only prediction over 860M. That being the 1.1B one. The next one is 855. Tell me HOW A SINGLE MEMBER predicting that can be considered 'general consensus'? Now that you know the box office and things, you'd call it over predicted, but back then when we thought that World War Z was going to flop and that MU was going to perform in the 70's area, not 80's, this was still possible. I say the predictions are perfectly fine.

The same question I ask you when I was the only one with unrealistic expectations for TASM last year, and yet some here are trying to twist that TASM performance as bad at the same time that claiming that MoS performance is good. That's my point: comparing these two films makes more sense IMHO because they are performing very similarly and both are reboots, released in a very short time span.