Impact

Who is your favorite Batman and Bruce Wayne?

Favorite Batman and Bruce Wayne  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Batman

• Adam West
    • Michael Keaton
    • Val Kilmer
    • George Clooney
    • Christian Bale
  2. 2. Favorite Bruce Wayne?

• Adam West
    • Michael Keaton
    • Val Kilmer
    • George Clooney
    • Christian Bale

Oh I've read the book and it clearly influenced the TDK Joker. Jonah Nolan has gone in depth about it in interviews. The Joker attempting to push one of Batman's allies over the edge into madness is a common plotline between Killing Joke and TDK. Joker's multiple origin stories in TDK are a nod to his amnesia about his origin in Killing Joke. The first book Nolan gave to Ledger for researching the role was Killing Joke. The Barbara Gordon sequence you mentioned is an example of how Ledger viewed the Joker. While he prepared for the role, he kept a journal with things the Joker would laugh about, which included rape, AIDS, nuclear war, and so forth. It shows up in the movie too. Ledger's Joker had the balls to kill Batman's love interest, whereas Jack's Joker fell in love with her.

Jack's Joker hardly fell in love with her. She was "the next girl". He moved on from his last girlfriend Alicia, who he destroyed the face of, and you must have missed how he was trying to spray acid in her face from the flower on his jacket. And as far as balls go, he shot his boss and killed, he shot and killed his best friend, and he thought he shot and killed Bruce Wayne.Ledger's Joker was great and all, but Jack's Joker was the over the top loon that he is in the Killing Joke. That's not even hard to tell.

i haven't seen the old batman in a long time with keaton so i voted for val kilmer as bruce wayne and bale as batman!but i think they all did a good job as batman ,differences are more variant in his civilian counterpart bruce wayne

Bale by slight margin, even with Nolan's choice of his voice (though raspy voice is true to the comics in a way).Bale's one of the best actors in this generation, but he also got better material than other actors to work with as well.That obviously helped a lot in forming this trilogy's Bruce and Batman.Still gave an eccentric and emotional performances over three films, and will probably be never topped for many years to come.

Keaton must come back as Batman one last time to show everyone he is the master. Forget Bale, forget the reboot, forget JLA. A live action TDKR with Keaton and Nicholson reprising their roles should be WB's priority while these guys are still alive and able to do it.

• Like 1

Keaton must come back as Batman one last time to show everyone he is the master. Forget Bale, forget the reboot, forget JLA. A live action TDKR with Keaton and Nicholson reprising their roles should be WB's priority while these guys are still alive and able to do it.

Nicholson's Joker is a fucking coward. Don't want that version of the character anywhere near an adaptation of Dark Knight Returns.

I voted for Adam West as Bruce Wayne - despite the cheesy material he rang the most true to me - and Christian Bale as Batman. However the only reason I voted for West as Wayne is that there is no option to vote for David Mazouz (Gotham.) I honestly think he's the best actor to ever take on that role.

I don't really feel like any actor has gotten Batman quite right, my favorite Batman is the one from the animated Justice League TV show, but Bale is the best out of the options.