#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

I love Johnson. But he didn't save the franchise. 3D and moving it to dead-zone March salvaged the wreckage.

The Rock helped the franchise A LOT. 3D is dead in Europe. Dead-zone March? They were smart, they released the movie in Easter weekend, one of the biggest OS.

The Rock helped the franchise A LOT. 3D is dead in Europe. Dead-zone March? They were smart, they released the movie in Easter weekend, one of the biggest OS.

So Asia is really where 3D is still making money then I guess.

Romantic dramas are clearly becoming bigger and bigger on VD weekend. Tatum helped the Vow, but that would still be a 70-90M movie without him. 21 Jump Street was also helped by Tatum because he was hot from The Vow and that pulled teen girls, plus it had a great trailer. He was the a draw in Magic Mike.

Right, and you know all of this right?  You know for sure that Tatum had nothing to do with the success of the Vow and 21JS?  That's really interesting since the Vow made 45 million more than The Notebook and 21 JS was never on pace to gross that much.  Tatum OBVIOUSLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY had a say in the gross and to say otherwise is an opinion, not a fact.

• Like 3

Lawrence has really yet to prove herself.

She's a household name. Few modern actors can make that claim. I'd go further and say she's one of the few who actually lived up to her media hype. Do wonder if this is all too fast, too soon for her career-wise.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

I don't know if Tatum is a draw. There are other factors for his films successes

There are other factors in the success of every movie.

• Like 1

Do you really think she was the reason why Hunger Games made so much?

She helped because of her performance, like Tatum helped 21 Jump Street and The Vow. But the movie would have make a lot anyway.

She helped because of her performance, like Tatum helped 21 Jump Street and The Vow. But the movie would have make a lot anyway.

People in 2010 were saying that Sam Worthington was the next big thing.

• Like 1

A lot people on this board deny JLaw is a draw but then those same peopel say CHanning Tatum is one of the biggest draws in hollywood. 

After the 2012 he had, there was no reason to think Tatum isn't a big draw. This weekend shouldn't change that, IMO.

If you wanna keep harping on the "people said one of the biggest", that's your own issue.

Right, and you know all of this right?  You know for sure that Tatum had nothing to do with the success of the Vow and 21JS?  That's really interesting since the Vow made 45 million more than The Notebook and 21 JS was never on pace to gross that much.  Tatum OBVIOUSLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY had a say in the gross and to say otherwise is an opinion, not a fact.

I am sorry if I didn't explained myself correctly because of my english, but in my post I meant to say that Tatum helped The Vow and 21JS.

She played a part but doesn't deserve all the success. But slp and house at the end of the street made money mostly cause of her though cooper did help in playbook.

SLP was more of a ensemble and the Oscar noms helped too.

I completely forgot about End of the Street :P