#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

July is going to be sooooooooooo boring compared to June.

Eh, July 19th weekend will be. But DM2 will outgross any June movie, TLR will cause waves one way or another, Pacific Rim vs. Grown Ups is sure to cause many a flame war/meltdown, and Wolverine is a 60 million opener that could potentially breakout or flop, so that's at least a little exciting. 

Look at MOS up to 21m. That's nice.

If this new estimate holds 21m could completely happen for MOS. Insane numbers, especially looking at the previous weekdays. It's holding a hell lot better than anything those numbers indicated. Truly impressed with it. :wub:

Eh, July 19th weekend will be. But DM2 will outgross any June movie, TLR will cause waves one way or another, Pacific Rim vs. Grown Ups is sure to cause many a flame war/meltdown, and Wolverine is a 60 million opener that could potentially breakout or flop, so that's at least a little exciting. 

Still basically nothing compared to any of the weekends in June.

(though PR vs GU2 will be interesting, and the rising of the monster that is DM2)

Edited by BoxOfficeAmateur

Love that WHD's number went up. :wub:

With that said it is still a bad number, but atleast 11 is better than 9. I am trying to be as positive with the number as I can, but it is hard.  :(

• Like 1

Just bought tickets for Despicable Me 2 on July 2nd. Around 4 sold out shows already at the theater, and this is just for the preview shows starting 7pm onwards. This movie is going to be huge.

:o That's crazy for an animated movie! I think TS3 was the last one to get sellouts that far in advance.

Love that WHD's number went up. :wub:

With that said it is still a bad number, but atleast 11 is better than 9. I am trying to be as positive with the number as I can, but it is hard.  :(

At least there is a chance that WHD will open higher than OHF

So Man of Steel stabilized as some said it would.

Given that these estimates hold, fuck yes. Truly impressed and surprised with them. Nothing from the weekdays numbers could possibly indicate anything close to $20m. It's behaving like a family film. I don't want to get my hopes up too soon, but it seems that $20m is truly in cards, which is a LOT better than the good estimates that I already had.