#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Just bought tickets for Despicable Me 2 on July 2nd. Around 4 sold out shows already at the theater, and this is just for the preview shows starting 7pm onwards. This movie is going to be huge.

Where are you watching it grim?

Yeah but when do animated movies get advanced sellouts period? Last one I can remember was TS3. I know that had some pre-release sellouts.

I don't know but Tuesday isn't that far in advance.  DM2 was in the Fandango 5 this week. So I'm not surprised it has presale sell outs. But now I'm curious. I'm gonna check some theaters to see if this is a trend.

Edited by ECSTASY

Love that WHD's number went up. :wub:

With that said it is still a bad number, but atleast 11 is better than 9. I am trying to be as positive with the number as I can, but it is hard.  :(

join me

Posted Image

• Like 2

for anyone wondering, OHF opened to $30.37MI think WHD will come up short

I really didn't see that coming.Maybe I should've though...OHF did pretty well and clearly has poisoned the well. Clearly this isn't the Armageddon of White House movies. Edited by kowhite

One thing's for sure with MU's success and DM2's imminent success, Turbo is beyond screwed. 75m might be asking too much of it.

That movie looks odd anyway. Snails in a race? How ironic.

• Like 2

Amazing hold by Monsters Univ!

If Nikki's # holds and MoS can get $20m wknd that would be great for it after it's eh performance last week.  But then again she did report last Friday MoS was set to make $55-57m last wknd and she was off by almost 20%.

• Like 1

Look, I never hate on little kids movies because clearly they aren't made for me and they aren't for me to judge, but damn, the trailer for Turbo (which has been with EVERYTHING) makes me want to put my eyes out with an apple peeler. 

• Like 2

One thing's for sure with MU's success and DM2's imminent success, Turbo is beyond screwed. 75m might be asking too much of it.

I find it funny as HELL that DreamWorks Animation will be beating Warners/DC Comics in making their own Flash movie first. :rofl:

• Like 2

That movie looks odd anyway. Snails in a race? How ironic.

As a race fan I can't even get my head around the idea of a snail in one of the biggest races of the year. To me he would just get ran over and die from the race car.

That's going to be the late drama at the end. His speed is gonna disappear on the track and almost get ran over by an indycar. CALLING IT!!

• Like 1