#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Dueling White House Action movies.

What good could it do? I have been

warning people about this way back then...

Plus GA didn't seem to like Jamie in suit

Yeah, I think OHF hurt it a lot. This is not another case of SWATH vs MM in which the bigger budgeted earns more.

Fri

MU 14.1, Heat 13.5-14,WHD 9.2-10 WWZ 9, MOS 5.9,TITE 2.7,NYSM 1.7

Thanks again RTH.

TS3 type bump for MU.  It would've been nice to see it higher but it's daily holds have been very good so far so I can't complain too much.  

Gonna go optimistic 14.1/18.3(+30%)/14.7(-20%)  47.1 2nd week.  

Good bumps for WWZ, MoS, and TITE

NYSM :D  Sub 30 from last Friday?  Could be looking at another stellar hold.

Edited by WileECoyote

Yeah, I think OHF hurt it a lot. This is not another case of SWATH vs MM in which the bigger budgeted earns more.

Well MM is a candy-colored bunch of suckiness. If MM is half as good as SWATH, SWATH may 

do even worse. The action element in SWATH helped it a little.

WHD initial batch of trailers look good  but Jamie & Tatum are lightweight when GA expecting something heavier.

OHF is dead serious and take its concept seriously. WHD is too light & jokey especially in the later TV spots

"Get off my damn toys!!" Somehow GA didn't find that funny.

Thanks again RTH.

TS3 type bump for MU.  It would've been nice to see it higher but it's daily holds have been very good so far so I can't complain too much.  

Gonna go optimistic 14.1/18.3(+30%)/14.7(-20%)  47.1 2nd week.  

Good bumps for WWZ, MoS, and TITE

NYSM :D  Sub 30 from last Friday?  Could be looking at another stellar hold.

WWZ the surprise hit of the summer.

Who woulda thought?

Expect bigger zombie swarming scene

in WWZ2

WWZ the surprise hit of the summer.Who woulda thought?Expect bigger zombie swarming scenein WWZ2

WWZ is definitely a nice surprise. Yet will it make enough to justify a sequel.I just wish WHD could've had the same surprise performance but I guess it was too much to ask. Still hope that WHD hits RTH's high end. And while not unexpected I am disappointed. :(

WWZ is definitely a nice surprise. Yet will it make enough to justify a sequel.I just wish WHD could've had the same surprise performance but I guess it was too much to ask. Still hope that WHD hits RTH's high end. And while not unexpected I am disappointed. :(

I was hoping WHD will add to the overall box office performance for the whole year

But alas it looks like it will not even hit $100M. It will be ironic when the bigger budget

White House Thriller will end up lower than the cheaper OLYMPUS. 

I think the GA has enough of destruction of their own important landmarks.

MoS mass citywide destruction is already too disturbing for many audience. 

Edited by zackzack

Granted, I'm sure everyone feels disappointed after Nikki's numbers, but those are good bumps for everything. 

What numbers? That was pure crazyness. Those are some ok numbers. MoS free falls yet again.

WHD/heat will be at the low end
  • Like 4

Olympus has Fallen budget : 70m.

White House Down Budget : 150m.

:thinking:

WHD seems bigger than Olympus and with best special effects. Plus, Emmerich, Tatum and Foxx received much bigger paychecks than Butler, Freeman and Eckhart.

If $130 million After Earth's $27million OW was a disaster then so is $150 million WHD's $27 million OW.

Secondly, I don't think it is fair to compare WHD-OHF to MM-SWATH as MM and SWATH were completely different movies based on the same fairy tale. WHD and OHF are virtually identical action movies.

And wait for the Blu Ray.

I heard there s a scene where the infected eat all of Brad's golden hair.

They had to cut it out for the PG 13  rating, it was too horrifying.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1