#ED

7/1/13 MON ACTUALS: MU - 7.9M; Heat - 5.3M; WWZ - 4.3M; WHD - 3.05M; MoS - 3.04M

No way. Vast majority of them don't end up on YouTube. Best interview I've ever seen of Nolan is on the Criterion Blu-ray for Following. It's not on YouTube.

They get taken down quickly normally. They're up for 2-3 days then there gone.

Well ... it's tough ... I take it one day at a time though. :P

I have zero interest in seeing Finding Nemo (or Finding Dory in 2015) but I'll eventually check out TS3 and Monsters Inc/University.

... of course, I've already seen the amazing ending to TS3, so that aspect is sort of ruined. ;)

Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie.   Same feel as the Toy Story movies to me (adventure to save someone from the villain)....and Ellen DeGeneres gives my favorite performance in any animated movie.

The whole "they'll make a better movie next time" idea is kinda lame. We will always get garbage movies from Hollywood.

So you are saying MoS2 is going to be as badly written as MoS?     :(    Just don't say the Flash movie is going to use that writing style.

Monsters and Nemo are much more geared toward children than the other Pixar movie IMO. Toy Story, Wall-e and incredibles are among Pixar more mature movies.

I actually put the Toy Story movies in the same vein as Monster's Inc and Finding Nemo.   The only Pixar I've ever seen that I would call a "kids movie" is Cars.  (I hear Cars 2 is more of the same but I never saw it)

Weds drops should be a softer than usual.

I'd imagine just the opposite. DM2, LR, and KHLME are going to take up a ton of screens at most theaters on Wednesday. So I'd expect Wednesday drops for all the holdovers to be terrible.

Well, I suppose those 3 movies are already going to take some Tuesday night screens from everything else, so maybe the drops won't be that horrible.

Around here, the biggest screen losers for Wednesday are WWZ, MOS, NYSM, and Internship.

• Founder / Operator

Anything family-oriented will be hit hardest on Wednesday and Thursday. 15-20% drops for those films seem likely, but everything else should be relatively flat/soft (Heat, WHD possibly, WWZ, etc.) Those seem likely to drop less than 10%.

I'd imagine just the opposite. DM2, LR, and KHLME are going to take up a ton of screens at most theaters on Wednesday. So I'd expect Wednesday drops for all the holdovers to be terrible.Well, I suppose those 3 movies are already going to take some Tuesday night screens from everything else, so maybe the drops won't be that horrible.Around here, the biggest screen losers for Wednesday are WWZ, MOS, NYSM, and Internship.

Any TC information. BOM just has the following 1 3 Despicable Me 2 Universal 3,997 - - 12 4 The Lone Ranger Buena Vista 3,904 - - 14 14 Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain Lionsgate/Summit 800 - - 16 - The Way, Way Back Fox Searchlight 19 - - 17 - The Look of Love IFC 3 - - 1> DECLINING3 2 Monsters University Buena Vista 3,739 -265 -6.6% 35 17 Iron Man 3 Buena Vista 294 -246 -45.6% 10

My theater was jam-packed tonight for the combination of discount Tuesday and 3 new openers.

Unfortunately, they posted a sign a few weeks ago to the effect of "we will no long offer discount Tuesday prices for opening day movies". Sad news, but at least my friends and I enjoyed the very last "discount opening day" for TITE.

That didn't stop people from coming to the movies tonight though, nor did it stop them from shelling out full price for the new flicks.

There were 33 sellouts tonight! That's right, thirty-three!

3 - DM2

1 - LR

2 - KHLME  (there were only 2 showings, it didn't start as early as DM2 and LR)

8 - MU

5 - The Heat

5 - WHD

4 - WWZ

3 - MOS

2 - TITE

My late 11pm show of The Heat was not sold out, but they had us in the big 500-seat auditorium and there were probably about 400 people in there! (I think a few folks bought tickets for that after the midnight showing of Kevin Hart sold out fairly early.)

My original 7:30 showing for Despicable Me 2 was cancelled due to technical problems. They gave me a refund which I used to go for the 9:15 showing, in addition they also gave everyone 2 free passes to future movies. That was nice of them, but a lot of kids in the original audience were really disappointed that they could not watch it today.

The 9:15 showing was 80% full. 

The movie was good, but the highlight of the night was meeting Tommy Wiseau who had come to watch the movie as well. He seems to be really willing to speak on and on about "The Room"