Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

This. I feel like more and more expectations for summer movies are getting out of proportion. Summer movies aren't supposed to be Oscar contenders, just like Oscar contenders aren't supposed to be summer movies.

Exactly-then again this is nothing new-but yeah people are just going crazy.

Not buying that 5 day estimate for Lone Ranger.

Well considering its supposed to make 40% of DM2's 5 day gross I'd wager it's doable especially with 2 million in previewsAnd Kevin Hart will get 20 million for a concert film? Think Like a Man 2 will be HUGE lol!!!

Don't... It's not worth it in my opinion.

To be fair, this opinion is in the minority.  I'm not discrediting it, I'm just saying the original is one of the most well received animated movies in the past 5 years.  I say see it asap.

• Like 1

Looks like a couple of movies are only going to post estimates

Apparently it is only Paramount.

Edited by CJohn

Not buying that 5 day estimate for Lone Ranger.

I dont think TLR is going to be hated. Theres a lot of good things to it. If it opens to 12 today 60-65 5 day seems likely.

Disappointed cause it actually managed to gross that much despite being a shit movie =| The minions are totally average. Nothing funny about them - and this comes from a guy who laughs at the smallest jokes.

Posted Image

• Like 2

To be fair, this opinion is in the minority.  I'm not discrediting it, I'm just saying the original is one of the most well received animated movies in the past 5 years.  I say see it asap.

The average score for it is B-/B ... I don't see how that is well received. RT score at 80% which also suggests around B.

• Like 1