CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

DESPICABLE ME 2 is headed for $32 mil today. THE LONE RANGER is looking at $12 mil or so.

https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/352505281281921024

WEDNESDAY 6:30 PM, 4TH UPDATE: There’s no question that Illumination Entertainment’s and Universal’s Despicable Me 2 (3,957 theaters) will gross over $100 million domestic for the five-day July 4th holiday. Right now, based on matinee trends, the toon should open to $33M-$35M which is “an incredible start” according to a Uni exec. By contrast, Disney’s expensive The Lone Ranger (3,904 theaters) is underperforming with $$13M-15M today: that means the Jerry Bruckheimer actioner may not even pass $60M for its first 5 days. That’s below even Disney’s low-ball projection. And Kevin Hart’s Let Me Explain from Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment is looking to gross a solid $3M-$4M from only 876 dates today. More later.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/despicable-me-2-opens-with-huge-4-7m-late-shows/

Wed

DM2 33-35,TFR 9-9.5,TH 5.1,MU 4.9,LME 4.5,WWZ 3.7,WHD 2.6, MOS 2.5,TITE 1.2, NYSM 550k

Edited by CJohn

The last time the 4th fell on a Thursday, everything had massive increases. With DM2 and TLR being family/nostalgia related releases, and very smart Independence Day choices, I see an increase for TLR, and a slight drop for DM2.

• Like 2

The last time the 4th fell on a Thursday, everything had massive increases. With DM2 and TLR being family/nostalgia related releases, and very smart Independence Day choices, I see an increase for TLR, and a slight drop for DM2.

Yeah-that was in 2002.

• Like 1

The real question is, how did PAIN AND GAIN do with its new dollar-theater expansion? :ph34r:

Tele always with the right questions. Fuck TLR and DM2, bring me P&G numbers!

• Like 3