CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

That's just a terrible number for The Lone Ranger, and with midnight accounting for so much of the opening day, it could struggle getting to $80m total, let alone $100m.

$350m looks set for Despicable Me 2, with a chance at surpassing Iron Man 3 for the top film of the summer.

• Like 1

Wes Anderson is cliché indie filmmaking 101.

The characters & their quirkiness, the fetichism with clothes, the soundtrack, the general aesthetics, the use of  obvious models for the climax of Moonrise Kingdom because models are so old school, charming, real and cute & CGI are soulless tools for the big, dumb & loud blockbusters.

After saying that, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy his films but they are as predictable as Transformers 4 Fast & Furious 7.

:)

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Well more people will go to the movies tomorrow then yesterday-but not sure if DM2 will have a better Friday then Wednesday, but I do see a better Saturday then it's OD.

Rth said 33-35m, so he was spot on again.

Referring to his MU number. Someone said he was wrong, but no one is right at the moment, (no actuals)

Well it was raining a lot here yesterday which was nice as well as some really hot weather. Today it is pretty hot.

So what will be DM2's biggest day? I say Saturday, as I said I don't think it will do as good tomorrow as it did yesterday.

Of course though most films will be doing better tomorrow then yesterday. (So maybe yeah DM2 will do better tomorrow)

Kevin Hart-yesterday was probably the biggest day of it's run.

• Like 1

Wes Anderson is cliché indie filmmaking 101.

The characters & their quirkiness, the fetichism with clothes, the soundtrack, the general aesthetics, the use of  obvious models for the climax of Moonrise Kingdom because models are so old school, charming, real and cute & CGI are soulless tools for the big, dumb & loud blockbusters.

So is David O'Russell with characters filled with anger management, inflated ego and daddy issues who are always quite an autobiographical self-centered projection onto liberal Hollywood stars making mental issues sexy, family dysfunction as comedy fodder, popular soundtrack to attempt some kind of faux "Joe Six-pack realism" to ground his characters in an era even if he certainly despises that music, displaying hysteria at every level to achieve an artificial "WTF?!" tone even when he tries to subdue that you can't brush away the fact he is so in love with himself like he's some kind of genius auteur that can film any story and put his unique stamp on it.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

So is David O'Russell with characters filled with anger management, inflated ego and daddy issues who are always quite an autobiographical self-centered projection onto liberal Hollywood stars making mental issues sexy, family dysfunction as comedy fodder, popular soundtrack to attempt some kind of faux "Joe Six-pack realism" to ground his characters in an era even if he certainly despises that music, displaying hysteria at every level to achieve an artificial "WTF?!" tone even when he tries to subdue that you can't brush away the fact he is so in love with himself like he's some kind of genius auteur that can film any story and put his unique stamp on it.

The Three Kings say hello.

And probably American Hustle too.