CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

MoS:Weds: 2.3MThurs: 2.1MFriday: 3.1M (+50%)Saturday: 4M (+30%)Sunday: 3M (-25%)10.1M Weekend (-50% drop)268.9M Total

another 50% drop would put 300m in jeopardy. It needs to hold better now. Even a frontloaded film like DH2 fell 43.4 in the similar weekend

Edited by Robert Muldoon

Disney has now had three mega-bombs in a row: Mars Needs Moms in 2011, John Carter in 2012 and Lone Ranger in 2013! 

Either Tomorrowland or Need for Speed will be the bomb of 2014. NfS smells like a giant turd waiting to land.

another 50% drop would put 300m in jeopardy. It needs to hold better now. Even a frontloaded film like DH2 fell 43.4 in the similar weekend

Yeah well there's a shitload of movies on the market.
  • Like 1

Anyone else think this weather is gonna soften drops, especially DM2's since its family? Its already raining/ going to rain practically everywhere east of the Mississippi. You cant shoot fireworks in the rain, and alot of festivities have already been cancelled. Good time to go to movies instead huh?

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

Whoa guys! I just went to fandango and DM2's matinees are already selling out better than yesterdays! Theaters that didnt sell out yesterday are selling out today, my city has 2 theaters 2 miles apart and both sold out! SC could be looking at 50+ again, incredible! Edit: Better Jack?

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 3

You can shoot fireworks in rain, unless it's very heavy. I'm sure cities like NY will still have their 4th of July Firework celebrations.

Well i wasnt beinf completely literal, more like peole may not want too.

WHOA GUYS! I JUST WENT TO FANDANGO AND DESPICABLE ME'S MATINEES ARE ALREADY SELLING OUT BETTER THAN YESTERDAYS! THEATERS THAT DIDNT SELL OUT YESTERDAY ARE SELLING OUT TODAY! MY CITY HAS 2 THEATER 2 MILES APART AND BOTH SOLD OUT! SC COULD BE LOOKING AT 50+ AGAIN, INCREDIBLE!

I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!

• Like 1

It's still a MEGA FLOP. 200M Budget. 90M DOM and 335M WW.......They probably lost like 100M from it.

But Disney is a master at Home Video business. 

They will muster a profit somehow. Don't forget

those ancillary biz...very lucrative