AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Grown Ups 1 got a 4X... no reason this can't with good WOM. 

Assuming that it does get good WOM.

There's a chance that it could be better than the average Sandler flick based on concept and other people involved. But at the end of the day, it's a Happy Madison production, which means he and his team of writers got their crummy paws on the script to alter it to suit his tastes. And audiences hate it when intriguing concepts are butchered in execution. Plus Sandler's name isn't enough to guarantee massive success anymore, least not domestically as Blended proved.

Other cast members outside of Sandler should draw some curiosity. Game of Thrones fans would take notice of Tyrion Lannister and Ned Stark together in a film, Brian Cox is a fan favorite, and Josh Gad has a bit of an audience, though I can't quite gauge if that last bit is enough or if people will take notice of him as one of the voices in Frozen.

• Like 2

I've also heard Adam Sandler is going to be in a more serious role? Could you guys direct me to that movie if possible?

Punch Drunk Love is a Paul Thomas Anderson dark comedy with dramatic elements and Sandler gives a terrific performance.

Reign Over Me is a straight-up drama and I thought Sandler's performance was very good.

I haven't seen Men, Women and Children, but even though I haven't many good things about the film, I've heard that Sandler's performance is quite good.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 3

Those are really good posters. If they play up Pac Man, Space Invaders etc. up more and appeal to nostalgia, this may possibly break out on the level of a "Lego movie".

Sandler doesn't help, wonder how much will be live-action vs. animation. 

• Like 1