AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

I'd move Pan to October if I was the schedule maker. You heard me, October.

Since Jungle Book moved, that would be an excellent date. Kinda baffled Disney didn't swap Finest Hours and Ant-Man once they moved Jungle Book to April 15th, 2016. 

October 2nd or October 23rd. Possibly September 4th or 11th if WB wanted to challenge the notion that early September always has to be dead. 

• Like 1

Since Jungle Book moved, that would be an excellent date. Kinda baffled Disney didn't swap Finest Hours and Ant-Man once they moved Jungle Book to April 15th, 2016. 

October 2nd or October 23rd. Possibly September 4th or 11th if WB wanted to challenge the notion that early September always has to be dead.

Disney has numbers to hit for their fiscal year 15.

Finest Hours ain't gonna do that. AntMan can.

• Like 1

Disney has numbers to hit for their fiscal year 15.

Finest Hours ain't gonna do that. AntMan can.

As if Avengers 2, Tomorrowland, Cinderella and Inside Out aren't enough? lol Ant-Man could possibly "only" do $150-170 million. It won't be as big as GOTG since it doesn't have the team-up aspect and I have a feeling it won't be as high-quality as GOTG or Cap 2. Closer to Thor 2 or Iron Man 3. 

Makes more financial sense to put an adult-skewing thriller in a time of year where it will have minimal competition as opposed to directly before Disney's big Cold War thriller vying for Oscahs. Finest Hours might only do $20-25 million where it currently is since adults will have 3-5 different options to choose from. 

During summer or spring, Finest Hours would be by itself. 

Ant-Man would also secure October 2015's dominance over 2014, 2013 and others. Fall 2015 looks solid already though. I just want to see Pan or Ant-Man move there to liven up the Fall box office a bit. 

• Like 1

Gad elevates anything he is in imo.

Internship:  awesome cameo

Thanks For Sharing:  Criminally under seen and he was terrific in it

Love and Other Drugs:  Great comic relief

Frozen:  what needs to be said

Jobs:  Terrific

I have no doubt he'll be good in this too.

• Like 2