AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Official synopsis

When aliens misinterpret video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack the Earth, using the games as models for their various assaults. The President of the United States, William Cooper (Kevin James), calls upon his childhood best friend, former 1980s video game champion Sam Brenner (Adam Sandler), who is now a home theater installer and had a previous relationship with William's wife (Jane Krakowski), to lead a team of old-school arcaders (Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad) to defeat the aliens and save the planet.

If it weren't for Happy Madison's involvement I'd be hyped for this.

My thoughts exactly. I had no idea what this was until recently, and when I found out/ saw those posters it looks kinda awesome. But I'm not trusting anything to be decent with Sandler at the helm these days. Would love to be proven wrong though. At the very least this has to be the most intriguing movie he's been involved with in at least a decade.

Edited by MovieMan89

My thoughts exactly. I had no idea what this was until recently, and when I found out/ saw those posters it looks kinda awesome. But I'm not trusting anything to be decent with Sandler at the helm these days. Would love to be proven wrong though. At the very least this has to be the most intriguing movie he's been involved with in at least a decade.

At least the posters don't highlight Sandler smiling or laughing like a jackass like the posters for his other movies do.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1