lilmac

Thursday numbers: DM2-24.5, TLR-9.85, Heat-6.35 (BOM)

• Founder / Operator

I'm actually thinking Fri could be scattered (some small, some big).

Without Thursday actuals, hard to extrapolate. But if that DM2 # holds below $24m, that's one I definitely think will increase more than the 20%/22% MIB2/Powerpuff did in 2002. Like I mentioned though, won't be surprised if Thu's actual ends up higher.

TLR I'd imagine will have one of the smaller increases if its Thu estimate holds.

Actually, just realized the revised #s were in. :lol:

So, yea, I still think it'll be scattered. Thinking DM2 could increase as much as 25%.

• Like 1

Now You See Me was rotten also, remember that ;)

Can you imagine people that liked the first, actually saying that they will not see the second because a bunch of critics on RT didn't like it?  It's absurd.

• Like 3

Can you imagine people that liked the first, actually saying that they will not see the second because a bunch of critics on RT didn't like it?  It's absurd.

"I was going to see this film but some random guy living on the other side of the country hated it so I am not now"

:P

• Like 1

Lol neither do 99% of 3D films. Why single out superhero films? Stupid Cameron. Doesn't help that he is responsible for this pain in the ass trend in the first place.

Convenient that the headline says something just to get people angry.  Here is the actual quote:

Wrapping up, he says that films like Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 “should not necessarily be in 3D. If you spend $150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to [look] spectacular [and] perfect.” We’d like to think most audiences would agree with these statements.

• Like 4

Convenient that the headline says something just to get people angry.  Here is the actual quote:

Wrapping up, he says that films like Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 “should not necessarily be in 3D. If you spend $150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to [look] spectacular [and] perfect.” We’d like to think most audiences would agree with these statements.

What the media change something around to make it look bad or good? Nah they never do that :P:lol:

• Like 1

And Avatar desperately needed a better script. But I guess we can't all win.... Posted Image

In your opinion maybe.  But when a film grosses 2.8 billion dollars, a full billion more that the closest film, not much went wrong the paying public.

• Like 2

3D is dead in the US at least.

JC would be right.  But the international grosses disagree.

You cannot blame OS as many countries end up with ONLY 3D prints!  :angry:  :angry: Or with very few 2D showings of movies also available in 3D. There is really no choice. It is either watch the movie in despicable 3D or wait for BluRay/TV/Torrent.

• Like 1