Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Noah, Transcendence, Godzilla and Interstellar.

Robocop and Godzilla pique my interest but, with relative unknowns likely biting off more than they can chew, either may disappoint. Transcendence, with a first time director and former cinematographer, also could disappoint. Sometimes when a D.P. makes the jump, all he can do is compose is pretty shot and not much else. Very anxious to see Noah. I can't believe you neglected to list Inherent Vice... My most anticipated by of 2014 by a mile. Too bad Downey's no longer likely to play the lead... That said, Phoenix is an animal and the novel by Pynchon's fantastic subversive.

Also, even though Lindelof's writing, I'm anxiously awaiting Brad Bird's Tomorrowland. I imagine he'll assist in tightening Lindelof's expansive ideas and sharpen the narrative. Cronenberg's Maps to the Stars is another project that may just surprise. Not to mention, likely more than a handful of intriguing projects from foreign filmmakers.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

MOS is still on track for 300M+ it will need what, 30M more?MU's 300M is in a bit of trouble but it's too close to call.WWZ will get to 200M with room to spare.

What if MOS drops like a rock next week.Anyone else expect it to?

Robocop and Godzilla pique my interest but, with relative unknowns likely biting off more than they can chew, either may disappoint. Transcendence, with a first time director and former cinematographer, also could disappoint. Sometimes when a D.P. makes the jump, all he can do is compose is pretty shot and not much else. Very anxious to see Noah. I can't believe you neglected to list Inherent Vice... My most anticipated by of 2014 by a mile. Too bad Downey's no longer likely to play the lead... That said, Phoenix is an animal and the novel by Pynchon's fantastic subversive.

Didn't Downey drop out of Gravity also?The guy has commitment issues.

I only mentioned genre films, no awards contenders. But yeah, Inherent Vice will be good.

And Phoenix over Downey. So no problem there.

Edited by Karl Ruger - The Stingray™
  • Like 1

The thing i like about 2014 is theres no clear #1. I miss the old days where you no clue who would be on top, now a days people call it 2-3 years out. 2014 is a giant wildcard.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2