baumer

Daily "ESTIMATES" as we know it might be a thing of the past

I just spoke with ERC and the reason why Guru and him are not giving out estimates anymore is that the studios are telling them that they can't give out estimates.  They want them to be actuals before they post anything.  This also might explain why RTH hasn't given us daily's recently.  

I don't have to say this but this really sux.  We are going back to the stone age if this happens.  I hope cooler heads prevail and they end this silliness.  

• Like 1

I just spoke with ERC and the reason why Guru and him are not giving out estimates anymore is that the studios are telling them that they can't give out estimates.  They want them to be actuals before they post anything.  This also might explain why RTH hasn't given us daily's recently.  

I don't have to say this but this really sux.  We are going back to the stone age if this happens.  I hope cooler heads prevail and they end this silliness.  

Well, Rth did give us an estimate 2 nights ago so he can still do it, if he wants. Rth's even more important now than before, studio politics are BS.  :rolleyes:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

So we'll have to wait a bit longer for numbers. It's not that big a deal tbh.

It also means that you can kiss Nikki's Friday threads good-bye.  It is a big deal.

• Like 2

It also means that you can kiss Nikki's Friday threads good-bye.  It is a big deal.

while it would be kind of sad to see that go, at least there would no longer be any more postings of a movie having a 20m opening day and it turns out it was just 10m

• Like 2

while it would be kind of sad to see that go, at least there would no longer be any more postings of a movie having a 20m opening day and it turns out it was just 10m

Yea and how often did that happen?  She would usually be within 10%.  And that was part of the fun of her posts.  It gave us something to bitch about for 6 hours.

• Like 2

NO NO NO NEVAAHHHH!

Nik will find a way. I trust her.

She's nothing but a whore for the studios.  She will be affected for sure.

Alfred still recieves estimates from WB... he just hasn't been posting them.

I don't think this has anything to do with RTH. He gets his estimates from actual data in front of him.

I don't care much about Mon-Thur, but this is a big problem.  :angry:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

People don't realize this, no more updates unless Rth gives us something. He has no obligation to do so. This BS needs to be stopped or 300+ page threads we had for TA's OW or the TDKR thread will be history. :angry:

• Like 5