#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Here is Nikki's math:

DM2 weekend 1:  83.5

DM2 weekend 2:  47.5 (high 40's)

Drop:  51%!!!

Yep, not too off - just 8% off lol (43% drop) :P

So...

DM2: 48

PR: 45

GU2: 42

Not a bad weekend for the top 3! This month could be huge - still got Conjuring and Wolverine left.

I hope Monsters U stablizes while Heat continues to hold well.

Definitely think PR will do way more than 50+ mil ow.

I'm definitely not thinking anything over 35 million is guaranteed until Nikki gives us an actual # ... not just projections which she is fucking horrible at.

If the film does 20 million today, I'll see 50 as a potential total for the weekend.

Edited by Adam

From Boxoffice.com"Friday Update #2: Based on early grosses, it looks like Despicable Me 2 will hold on to 1st place this weekend with a sophomore haul north of $45 million. That would put Universal's animated flick at $230 million domestically after only two weekends. Pacific Rim is on pace to top Grown Ups 2. Both films are poised to open above $40 million, but Pacific Rim is looking at $43 million-$44 million and Grown Ups 2 is looking at $41 million-$42 million. With three films running this close, don't be surprised if the order switches by the time Sunday ends. Official studio estimates and updated projections will be released on Saturday morning. "

• Like 1

OMG THIS IS SO GOOD!!!

Nova is exactly in the same shark that Fin kills by jumping inside it with his chainsaw, and she is still alive!!!!

. I am laughing like a retard right now. This is a cinematic masterpiece.

• Like 2

And I still swear sometimes Nikki bases things off of one theater.

(I do remember in 2003 I mentioned on some site how I noticed when I saw T3 that there was a long line for Spy Kid 3d and people were saying "No way that is beating Tomb Raider 2" :lol:)

At the IMAX PR right now. About 45 mins till show time but there's no one here yet besides me and my friend. This IMAX is usually packed on Friday nights and you have to get here a good hour early for big movies to get a decent seat so this doesn't seem like a good sign.

OMG THIS IS SO GOOD!!!

Nova is exactly in the same shark that Fin kills by jumping inside it with his chainsaw, and she is still alive!!!!

. I am laughing like a retard right now. This is a cinematic masterpiece.

Posted Image

Edited by #Despicable ED