#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Deadline:"FRIDAY 4:45 PM, 6TH UPDATE: It’s shaping up as a very strong domestic box office weekend with Summer 2013 continuing to sizzle. My sources say that, based on matinee and early evening trends, the three top films are neck and neck. Universal’s and Illumination Entertainment’s holdover Despicable Me 2 should be #1 again this weekend with $14.3M Friday. The Saturday kiddie bump could add a huge $46M-$47M weekend with only a -46% drop from last Fri-Sat-Sun. aaunless it gets beaten by the two openers. Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim (3,275 theaters and 331 IMAX screens) and Sony Pictures/Happy Madison’s Growns-Ups 2 (3,491 theaters) are too close to call right now with both looking like $14.5M Friday and between $40M-$44M for the weekend. That’s including Thursday late shows and Friday midnights which were an overperforming $3.6M for Pacific Rim with the 3D ratio a strong 52% “and the largest ratio of a wide release for a very long time” according to an exec. Grown-Ups 2 also started with bigger than expected $2.3M late shows even though it’s a PG-13 family, non-fanboy, non-IMAX movie. Right now it’s beating the 2010 first installment’s $40.5M opening weekend thanks to Jeff Blake’s marketing department. As of 9:00 AM PT this morning on Fandango, the three top films were selling neck and neck online and through mobile: 31% for Pacific Rim, 30% for Despicable Me 2, and 28% for Grown-Ups 2. According to the latest Rotten Tomatoes scores, it’s not even a close contest between the mecha anime inspired thriller and the Adam Sandler ensemble sequel: Pacific Rim has 72% positive reviews while Grown-Ups 2 an astoundingly awful 5%. (Ouch!)"

• Like 1

Deadline:"FRIDAY 4:45 PM, 6TH UPDATE: It’s shaping up as a very strong domestic box office weekend with Summer 2013 continuing to sizzle. My sources say that, based on matinee and early evening trends, the three top films are neck and neck. Universal’s and Illumination Entertainment’s holdover Despicable Me 2 should be #1 again this weekend with $14.3M Friday. The Saturday kiddie bump could add a huge $46M-$47M weekend with only a -46% drop from last Fri-Sat-Sun. aaunless it gets beaten by the two openers. Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim (3,275 theaters and 331 IMAX screens) and Sony Pictures/Happy Madison’s Growns-Ups 2 (3,491 theaters) are too close to call right now with both looking like $14.5M Friday and between $40M-$44M for the weekend. That’s including Thursday late shows and Friday midnights which were an overperforming $3.6M for Pacific Rim with the 3D ratio a strong 52% “and the largest ratio of a wide release for a very long time” according to an exec. Grown-Ups 2 also started with bigger than expected $2.3M late shows even though it’s a PG-13 family, non-fanboy, non-IMAX movie. Right now it’s beating the 2010 first installment’s $40.5M opening weekend thanks to Jeff Blake’s marketing department. As of 9:00 AM PT this morning on Fandango, the three top films were selling neck and neck online and through mobile: 31% for Pacific Rim, 30% for Despicable Me 2, and 28% for Grown-Ups 2. According to the latest Rotten Tomatoes scores, it’s not even a close contest between the mecha anime inspired thriller and the Adam Sandler ensemble sequel: Pacific Rim has 72% positive reviews while Grown-Ups 2 an astoundingly awful 5%. (Ouch!)"

There is NO WAY Pacific Rim gets over 40 million with 14 million (+3.6) 

• Like 1

There is NO WAY Pacific Rim gets over 40 million with 14 million (+3.6) 

I don't get her wordings, so the projected 14.5 already includes 3.6?  :huh:

I don't get her wordings, so the projected 14.5 already includes 3.6?  :huh:

Yeah, would be projecting 10.4-10.9 million for Friday based on what she said.

If that's true, my 33 million prediction might not be far off.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Yeah, would be projecting 10.4-10.9 million for Friday based on what she said.

If that's true, my 33 million prediction might not be far off.

How could she get 40M+ for PR with that Friday figure then?  :lol: Even PR fudging cannot boost PR's gross by that much  :P

• Like 1