#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

They'll dump it just like they did PR. Like I said in a other thread, since LP has the Godzilla licensing rights Universal should buy the *distribution* rights for next year's film from WB.

I imagine WB want to finish the contract with Legendary plus I imagine they've funded a portion of the budget so they'll not give it up, think SS is being thrown to the slaughter, that was fully funded by Legendary.

Maybe it's my inner CAYOM player speaking, but they should've had Tatum as the lead and Liam Hemsworth and Hugh Jackman as the Aussies. Decent sized star power then along with the awesome action and visual effects.

Even though in a number of Asia markets Pacific Rim was #1 OD & in NZ for that matter ranked 4th in Aus (DM2,MU & TH which opened as well beat it (Comedy like GU2 in NA, and its OD was worse than TFR OD) and dropped Fri

In UK it'll be #2 to MU OD (which is nowhere near what DM2 OD was)

• Like 3

Where is Neo?

ha ha ha Neo, this guy was flat out attacking anyone who said anything that could be construed as negative to PR. He even attacked for making comparisons to Super 8 while he was making comparisons to Jurassic Park

Edited by Robert Muldoon
  • Like 2

Even though in a number of Asia markets Pacific Rim was #1 OD & in NZ for that matter ranked 4th in Aus (DM2,MU & TH which opened as well beat it (Comedy like GU2 in NA, and its OD was worse than TFR OD) and dropped Fri

In UK it'll be #2 to MU OD (which is nowhere near what DM2 OD was)

So in other words PR is mostly a  bomb outside of Asia too. Yep, sounds about right.

• Like 1

Battleshit was no comparison because it was too shit

Super 8 was no comparison because it opened too low and didnt have a Kaiju

Prometheus was slightly comparable despite it was the highly anticipated latest installment of one of the most famous sci-fi series.

PR was supposed to compared with Inception and Avatar, at WWZ at the very least.

I imagine WB want to finish the contract with Legendary plus I imagine they've funded a portion of the budget so they'll not give it up, think SS is being thrown to the slaughter, that was fully funded by Legendary.

They funded a portion of the budget for PR as well, and they treated it like crap.

On the bright side, animation gets to rule the box office for possibly as long as 5 weeks. :D Well, bright side if you love animation like me that is.

I'm quite happy for DM2's success, same with MU. But I can't deal with both a GU2 breakout and a PR bombing. Ugh. Maybe The Conjuring will do well before we get yet another superhero movie

• Like 3