#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I'm definitely on team Transformers over team PR. The first Transformers does that type of movie better than few others. I hate the sequels, but the first one is an absolute joy of a summer popcorn film. PR only succeeds at the action for me.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

transformers brand mainly. not bay. all bay's films are atrocious on a film level except for the rock.

I'm watching Tformers now, its all pure camp, absolute garbage.

The Rock

Pearl Harbor

Armageddon 

all giants in terms of gross.

transformers brand mainly. not bay. all bay's films are atrocious on a film level except for the rock.

I'm watching Tformers now, its all pure camp, absolute garbage.

But the Bad Boys did well and Armageddon did well. 

And I have no problem with people liking director's I don't.  I just don't know why people get so offended and antagonistic or upset when I tell them that imo director A is better than director B.  It's my opinion.  We all have them.

BO speaks for itself regarding Bay. He makes movies that connect with GA much more so than GDT, nobody can deny that. 

• Like 2

The Rock

Pearl Harbor

Armageddon 

all giants in terms of gross.

pearl harbor??? u kiddin?? thats a terrible movie! soppy romance titanic/saving private ryan wannabe

gross wise he does well, but again, movie quality is a joke imo. armageddon is cliche too.

Edited by Halba

yeah all the stinkin QE money-printing,

QE infinity ! Problems solved !

And there is no actual printing, you just have to type 1 trillion in the right column in the central unit computer of the FED.

• Like 1

Nobody is likely going to remember a single character name when they walk out of the movie or even the movie itself.

My friends (who had no interest in this) remembered Stacker and Mako's name well. Not to mention remembering the "Gypsy Danger" name.

I read tons of manufacured shit on other forums about fanboys not being able to relate to Shia and Megan in the first movie. This is as big bullshit as that Dunst and Maguire were hated before SM3. Stop the pointless revision. PR succeeds on its own merit, not because of putting down TF.

Errrr people have been bashing TF since its release. It is nothing new.

• Like 1

My friends (who had no interest in this) remembered Stacker and Mako's name well. Not to mention remembering the "Gypsy Danger" name.

Stacker Pentecost is a pretty boss name.

It's like the Anti-Cypher Raige.

• Like 4

pearl harbor??? u kiddin?? thats a terrible movie! soppy romance titanic/saving private ryan wannabe

gross wise he does well, but again, movie quality is a joke imo. armageddon is cliche too.

It did well at the box office. I do not like Bay but he has had lot of films do well at the box office.

Did I mention quality?  I said his films make money.  And Armageddon is one of the 3 best films of 1998 imo.

the general consensus view is bay's movies are awful, but play to GA(big explosions, soppy romance, corny /campy /fun dialogue, good looking girls, thrills and epic scale)

thats why he is still one of the most sought after today.

Edited by Halba

Errrr people have been bashing TF since its release. It is nothing new.

TF was well received by fans, please. The hate started with TF2. But TF pleasently surprised many and geeks were actually in Shia camp at that time. Shia hate started with Indiana Jones.

• Like 3

the general consensus view is bay's movies are awful, but play to GA(big explosions, soppy romance, corny /campy /fun dialogue, good looking girls, thrills and epic scale)

thats why he is still one of the most sought after today.

If his movies were shit, he wouldn't be sought after.  You can hate them all you want, the paying public, for the most part, disagrees with you.

I respect Bay as a person more than GdT. GdT panders to Harry KNowles and other fat bloggers and takes Scientology money. Bay doesn't becasue he has integrity.

Really? I'm the total opposite. Bay sounds like he's a nightmare for some of his actors. 

• Like 5