#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Problem I have with PR fans is the arrogance in that this film would be anazing and a huge break out snide remarks they've constantly been making against TF fans all over the web. Like how it's the "thinking mans Transformers". Thinking mans TF? Really? There is probably nothing in PR that requires any more usage of the brain than a TF film. It's the same simple story. The arrogance of PR fans online has almost turned me off the film. I'll still se me it though

Edited by Robert Muldoon
  • Like 6

general consensus view among critics..re bay - would be the best statement then...

general audiences haven't got any film training or studies, so don't know shit whether movie is good or bad..see cinemascores for this point..they just go to a movie if it appeals to them.

critics have trained their whole life re movies.

This is the most ridiculous statement.  People that pay to see movies don't have to understand anything about how a film is made.  They don't have to appreciate the Odessa Steps, the invention of the wipe in CK or any other esoteric thing that happens behind the scenes.  All they have to know is whether they are entertained or not.  Critics can't compete with that.

• Like 3

This is the most ridiculous statement.  People that pay to see movies don't have to understand anything about how a film is made.  They don't have to appreciate the Odessa Steps, the invention of the wipe in CK or any other esoteric thing that happens behind the scenes.  All they have to know is whether they are entertained or not.  Critics can't compete with that.

agreed. quality of film means nothing sometimes as long as its entertaining, and the marketing is good enough to sell that.

but transformers 2 and 3 are only <6.5 on imdb showing they sucked.

armageddon? 6.4

pearl harbour 5.8?

they are the highest grossing low rating movies i have ever seen. Up there with the twilight series which is even worse rating wise.

All are crap movies but 'entertaining' and quality are different aspects.

Edited by Halba

I don't know why some of you are being so antagonistic. I've said that imo Transformers is awesome, GDT is not as good a director as Bay and that Hellboy II sucks. This is my opinion. Is there something wrong with having an opinion? Or should I just change my mind because you guys think I should?

im just stating my opinion as well and I think hellboy 2 is onr of the best comic book films ever

you should put that in the unpopular opinion thread cause thats exactly what that is

Baumer's the first I know to hate Hellboy II that much, but it's not a stretch to say the general public wasn't crazy about it. After all, it had a horrid 2.2x multi. That's bottom of the barrel even for superhero movies. That's also why I won't be shocked if PR misses a 3x multi despite the critics and internet liking it. GDT by and large just doesn't seem to do it for the GA.

• Like 2

GU2 is Sandler's lowest scored film on MC. Only 20/100. 7% on RT is also out-of-the-world awful.

Review quoted from The Playlist:

Basically, it’s a film made for brainless grunts who like to hang out all day making sub-literate jokes about boobs and gays while watching the game. No wonder the first movie was such a success.

hehe

GU2 is Sandler's lowest scored film on MC. Only 20/100. 7% on RT is also out-of-the-world awful.

Review quoted from The Playlist:

hehe

I think Grown Ups 2 looks absolutely horrible but I think blurbs from reviews like that are downright demeaning. People like what they like, it says nothing about who they are or their intelligence level.

• Like 2

Michael Bay's Fan Club :

Steven Spielberg

Christropher Nolan

James Cameron

:hi5::popcorn::stirthepot::shades:

When Bay gets it right his movies have some of the broadest likability of any director out there. Why the internet is in such a mob mentality against him I'm not entirely sure. What's wrong with just admitting he can make really fun popcorn movies? He can also fuck it up royally, but that doesn't take anything away from when he does it right.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Baumer's the first I know to hate Hellboy II that much, but it's not a stretch to say the general public wasn't crazy about it. After all, it had a horrid 2.2x multi. That's bottom of the barrel even for superhero movies. That's also why I won't be shocked if PR misses a 3x multi despite the critics and internet liking it. GDT by and large just doesn't seem to do it for the GA.

GA maybe but it was loved by most cinephiles

im just stating my opinion as well and I think hellboy 2 is onr of the best comic book films ever

Buddy, I have no problem with you.  That statement was not directed at you.  

What reason do TF fans have to "attack" PR ones? TF is clearly the more successful movie by far, and the GA obviously liked TF a lot more. If anything PR fans will want to attack TF ones out of jealousy.

Ah, yes, its all about the money.  Posted Image

From what I've seen so far, Bayformers fans seem to be jealous of the good reviews Pacific Rim got(almost certified fresh) and are trying to say Pacific Rim isn't any better in anyway, lol.

I'm not sure if that's meant to be a joke or not.

Spielberg is an exec producer on Transformers and Cameron was supportive of TF3's 3D.

It's not a joke.  Spielberg was the one who hired Bay, so he obviously thought he was good at what he does.

I'm not sure if that's meant to be a joke or not.

Spielberg is an exec producer on Transformers and Cameron was supportive of TF3's 3D.

Bay is no joke matter to me, dude.

He s the the real freaking deal.

Spielberg, Nolan, Cameron get it.

Will you ?

Hellboy 2 would most likely have had a rough drop regardless, but it really got kneecapped by having it's second weekend run up against Dark Knight's monster opening.

Bay is no joke matter to me, dude.

He s the the real freaking deal.

Spielberg, Nolan, Cameron get it.

Will you ?

It's funny, out of the 4 men you mention here, I'd have 3 of them on the list of 3 best directors in Hollywood working today.

1) Spielberg

2) Cameron

3) Bay