#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Oh c'mon. :rotfl: I'm basically a Nolanite and I challenge anyone to claim any of his big blockbusters are remotely close to the nuance, depth, and insight into the human condition that's required for that.

No comment for the sake of the next 5 pages.
  • Like 1

Guillermo del Toro's PACIFIC RIM hit the shores w/ $38.3M--the largest debut of his career.

Should stuck to my original final prediction for OW. Still hoping it can leg it to 4x but anything above 3x would be a victory however small.

FAST & FURIOUS 6: $467.7M Overseas Total / $704.2M Global Total. #Fast6

DESPICABLE ME 2 scored $55.5 overseas this weekend, $243.2M total--nearly double what the original grossed in the same time span.

THE PURGE: $12.3M Overseas Total (14 Territories) / $76.1M Global Total. #ThePurge

There it is. 700m ww for F6.  Good job Universal and Company.

• Like 1

What will be prims multiplier

Hopefully 4.

But it'll probably be 2.something like Dredd..

GU2 will probably hit 175 million though, with good legs....

Sigh.....

Well, at least we still have Elysium, right? RIGHT?

It's not like Smurfs 2 will make more money than that, RIGHT????

But if it does.....

Posted Image

Look at the advertising.

Is the "shitty advertising" card the only one PR fanboys are gonna play?

Why can't you just understand that this movie was NOT for GA?!!?? Is that so difficult to understand?

I'm not saying anything against the movie or Del Toro, just sit back and look at the whole picture outside the fandom bubble, and you'll realize that.

Everything in the top 15 fell more than 40%. So last week was very inflated. The MU and DM2 drops are very good.

I was thinking MU could hold out better but after looking at the rest of the holdovers yeah it looks ok. Just not great.
  • Like 1

disgusting hold for MOS. 300m is dead

Oh, they'll fugde it somehow. Disney fudged Tangled's 200 mio and that was far less of a stake for Disney than MoS is for WB.

Thanks to DU2 the weekend didn't go to waste. Suck it GU2.

Oh c'mon. :rotfl:

I'm basically a Nolanite and I challenge anyone to claim any of his big blockbusters are remotely close to the nuance, depth, and insight into the human condition that's required for that.

Yes, but you at least understand this because you are a very reasonable person.

I would very much consider myself a Nolanite.  I just find the way he is treated around these parts to be a bit over-the-top.

• Like 5

Oh, they'll fugde it somehow. Disney fudged Tangled's 200 mio and that was far less of a stake for Disney than MoS is for WB.

Thanks to DU2 the weekend didn't go to waste. Suck it GU2.

But Tangled was just a few K's away from 200m. Fudging was incredibly convenient. Looks like MoS will miss 300m by at least 5-6m. WB didn't even fudge TDKR to 450m, when that was just 2m away.

They didn't have anything to lose on it. It wasn't even their movie it was Legendary Pictures. Warner Brothers helped with about 25% of the budget.

They still stood to lose quite a bit of money since they were responsible for marketing and distribution. Still I have to wonder how much of their ad budget for PR did they actually use. I remember reading that WB only spent a fraction of their ad budget at 2-3 weeks prior to release.

Topaugustmovie:

TheSmurfs2: probably

2 Guns: could be

Elysium: should be!

RIPD/Turbo/MortalInstruments: Just NO!

The RIPD/Turbo combo is next week, not August

I'm so excited!