#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I went to see Ransom with a group of friends. One fell asleep almost right away. He wakes up as the movie ends looks at us and says, "that was pretty fucking intense"

I wish I fell asleep. I turned 11 right around the time that movie came out. The actor that gets kidnapped was less than a year younger than me. That was the one movie my parents regretted taking me to when I was a kid. Disturbing subject matter and portrayal for a kid to watch.

• Like 1

I remember one night at home my parents letting my sister and I watch Halloween when we were 5 and 3. About half way through my mom put us to bed and my dad was watching the film through a blanket

I remember watching Halloween on TV when I was maybe 9 or 10. Definitely a scary movie, but in a good way. Ransom was disturbing because it felt real to me given the subject matter.

One of the scariest things I've ever seen wasn't even a movie, it was some TV show about the Zodiac killer. I was in junior high at the time on summer break, staying up way too late. This show had a really creepy re-enactment of the killings and a really creepy voice reading the letters.

Then at the end of the Zodiac show, they tell you the killer was never found. That sent a chill down my spine. Ran to the back door of our house and locked it, lol. My parents gave me shit the next day about it. They were like, "Why did you lock the back door?" We had a very territorial chow at the time, so we didn't really worry much about someone trying to go through our back yard to break in. They still tease me about that shit to this day, haha.

• Like 1

You know what scared the shit out of me the most was the video for Thriller. The scene where Jackson turns into the werewolf terrified me. In fact I still think it's creepy

• Like 2

I remember watching Halloween on TV when I was maybe 9 or 10. Definitely a scary movie, but in a good way. Ransom was disturbing because it felt real to me given the subject matter.

One of the scariest things I've ever seen wasn't even a movie, it was some TV show about the Zodiac killer. I was in junior high at the time on summer break, staying up way too late. This show had a really creepy re-enactment of the killings and a really creepy voice reading the letters.

Then at the end of the Zodiac show, they tell you the killer was never found. That sent a chill down my spine. Ran to the back door of our house and locked it, lol. My parents gave me shit the next day about it. They were like, "Why did you lock the back door?" We had a very territorial chow at the time, so we didn't really worry much about someone trying to go through our back yard to break in. They still tease me about that shit to this day, haha.

Sometimes the scariest things for kids aren't the terrifying monsters ... it's the real life danger of the world.  I remember watching Unsolved Mysteries as a kid and being deathly afraid to even walk outside after dark if I'd just watched that show.  (Hell, that fear has never left me if I just have seen a repeat ... it's the music and voice over) Simply chilling.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

PR multipliers from similar movies

The Matrix: 236.3M

Inception: 178.3M

Transformers 1: 173.4M

Now You See Me (up to this point): 147.8M

Super 8: 137.2M

District 9: 118.6M

The Matrix Reloaded: 117.5M

The Matrix Revolutions: 110.1M

Hellboy: 98.5M

Battleship: 98.1M

Prometheus: 94.9M

John Carter: 92.7M

I would be very happy with a run and total finish similar to Super 8 considering its OW  :) Anything above that seems reaching but I definitely root for the chances, however small they are.

• Like 1

I didn't like it when I saw it as a kid, teen, or adult. That is one movie I'm beyond trying to understand the appeal it ever had/has. Just don't get it.

you mean your eyes stayed dry when he said "ET go home" and when elliot thought ET was dead  :blink: and your heart didnt swell when the bikes flew in the air to a beautiful theme !  :o oh well....its happened to the best of us 

i'll always remember how amazed i was when i first saw jurrasic park one of the first movies, if not the first,i saw in theatre (back then there was 1 theatre with 2 screens on island and you had to get there early or else it was a bust and had to wait days otherwise trying to see it) 

steven spielberg made me cry as a kid with ET , scared the beejeezus out of me with JAWS I literally stayed in the sand after that and it has informed a healthy if slightly obsessed fear of going where i don't have feet my waist has to be above water 

and awed me with concept of idea being a possibility with JURRASIC PARK 

so even if now he doesnt always hit it out of the park i have a healthy respect for the man that brought magic  to my movie going experience as a kid and teen

• Like 1

Ninja Turtles was a huge phenomenon when I was little. Everyone I knew in pre-school loved it. We would all have Turtle-themed birthday parties. I had a shitload of the toys. My mom recently forced me to get rid of a bunch of them, though I did keep some of the oldest ones just because of sentimental value.

Same here. TMNT were very big growing up. 90's were the best including some of the greatest animation shows ever.  :D:lol:

First SH movie I saw in theater was B89.  :D

• Like 1

Sometimes the scariest things for kids aren't the terrifying monsters ... it's the real life danger of the world.  I remember watching Unsolved Mysteries as a kid and being deathly afraid to even walk outside after dark if I'd just watched that show.  (Hell, that fear has never left me if I just have seen a repeat ... it's the music and voice over) Simply chilling.

Yep, definitely more scary to see that kind of stuff than a gorefest like Friday the 13th. Granted, there was one creepy time when I went over to a friend's house and we watched one of the Jason movies. It was a sleepover party for his birthday. We were probably 8 or so. There were maybe 6-7 of us. We watched the movie and then when it came time to go to sleep, that was tough. My sleeping bag was right by a really tall window and I could hear the wind outside. Creepy shit!

• Like 1

Yep, definitely more scary to see that kind of stuff than a gorefest like Friday the 13th. Granted, there was one creepy time when I went over to a friend's house and we watched one of the Jason movies. It was a sleepover party for his birthday. We were probably 8 or so. There were maybe 6-7 of us. We watched the movie and then when it came time to go to sleep, that was tough. My sleeping bag was right by a really tall window and I could hear the wind outside. Creepy shit!

I'm sure you hoped you didn't end up like the chick in Friday Part 7 who felt the wrath of Jason by being swung into a tree while inside the sleeping bag. ;) FATALITY!!!

• Like 1

I'm sure you hoped you didn't end up like the chick in Friday Part 7 who felt the wrath of Jason by being swung into a tree while inside the sleeping bag. ;) FATALITY!!!

No shit, haha. Come to think of it, not only did I hear the wind outside but there were some small trees in their yard that were blowing around in the wind. The shadow it created on the window blinds made it almost look like a person walking around outside. Creepy. I don't think I got much sleep that night, lol.

unsolved mysteries always felt very ominous!

as for the turtles my fave was raphael!

anyhoo nighty night box office peeps , don't know when i'll see PR soemtimes this week depends on my friend on wheels work schedule

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

Man, I have just discovered all of BOT. BO Discussion is the only one I use, but I never really noticed all these others ones. I didn't know there was a thread in The Real World where people posted selfies! Not to sound stalkerish, but I've wondered what everyone looked like haha. Well I posted one and its cool to see all the other threads and features.

Also, I understand the Sandler marathon, but why was there a Batman marathon today? haha, is July 14th a special Batman day?

• Like 2

Man, I have just discovered all of BOT. BO Discussion is the only one I use, but I never really noticed all these others ones. I didn't know there was a thread in The Real World where people posted selfies! Not to sound stalkerish, but I've wondered what everyone looked like haha. Well I posted one and its cool to see all the other threads and features.

Also, I understand the Sandler marathon, but why was there a Batman marathon today? haha, is July 14th a special Batman day?

Middle July belongs to Batman. It is known.

It always felt 'too' real ... I suppose that was the point, but holy shit ... talk about giving a kid nightmares.

Don't forget that theme. The theme could send chills down my spine alone.

• Like 1

Don't forget that theme. The theme could send chills down my spine alone.

All you really needed was 3 things ... the theme, Robert Stack's voice, and those ridiculously freaky police sketches.

... oh and don't forget the shit your pants inducing 'UPDATES' music.  Dear GOD!!!

I was always a big Michelangelo guy ... one of my best friends was a Donatello fan.  Raph & Leo got short changed by my friends. ;)

I was a Michelangelo guy as well. His personality mirrored mine most closely. Always the goofball in the family when I was a kid.

• Like 1