#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Wait, why do you think Del Toro would avoid those obvious archetypes? He wasn't make a sequel to Pan's Labyrinth.

And why wouldn't he? Hellboy and Tarantino movies work perfectly without those sterotypes. Everyone is an oddball.

the trick is have courage to break from the sterotype. or get enough leverage with the studio to have them go, yeah, lets do it.

...anddd me.

You and everyone else. :D 

Anyway just finished my screening of PR. Wow, would be an understatement. I loved it, action is so over the top that you forget about the other flaws in the movie. Hopefully, it can leg it's way to 130M+ and another 300M OS could be sufficient enough for a sequel.  :D  :D  :D 

• Like 2

It's his face

AICN TalkBackers explained it really well. He has comic relief face stapled on a butch, action man body. So one neither takes him seriously as an action hero (goofy face) nor as a funny guy (that beat-you-up body).

• Like 1

Not everyone can afford to burn 20-40 bucks every weekend to "experiment" on the next great movie.

How's PR out-of-comfort zone movie after 3 TF movies that made giant motherfuckin robots everyone's comfort? Also, most kaiju looked like overimposed Balrog in FOTR. Not exactly uncomfortable novelty either.

I think Obama and Biden trying to conjure a competent thought without a teleprompter are the most hysterical sights to behold :P

P.S. How original to bash Fox News and right wing radio lol - couldn't write about Elysium giving Chris Matthews a tingle up his leg or making Ed Schultz get convulsions?

By the way, Matt Damon is incredibly overrated and the majority of his movies bomb at the box office. I'd say the Bourne Trilogy is the only times where he truly carried a film to box office success - every other hit of his had him in a supporting role.

I don't hate Elysium but don't act as if its OWS garbage is original.

How many major movies carry a OWS message?

Especially compared to television where every other show encourages the worship of money and fame.

Too bad you have to watch the movie to figure that out. Most people don't check RT scores before heading to the movies.

I know. I still think the WOM will be great. It's more a case of have audiences had enough CG and effects for a bit now? The movie looks like a more exhausting proposition than it would in May. No denying that.

I know what you mean, but to me the concept was all wrong from the beginning. The whole concept of men powering a gigantic robot is stupid. So we have enough technology to build that freaking machines, but yet, we have to muscle the robot ourselves... it's like watching space ships powered by horses... :)

It's so like this:

Posted Image

but with hi tech gadgets.

A concept is as only as dumb as it's execution.

Greta pic by the way.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I have nothing against him, except his casting in the role of Deadpool  :mellow:

RR needs be part of ASM series and MCU. He needs to go into every studio that producers superhero movies. He has already plagued 2 franchise.

AICN TalkBackers explained it really well. He has comic relief face stapled on a butch, action man body. So one neither takes him seriously as an action hero (goofy face) nor as a funny guy (that beat-you-up body).

Which is why Jonah Hill started losing parts when he lost weight and started eating donuts again.

RR needs be part of ASM series and MCU. He needs to go into every studio that producers superhero movies. He has already plagued 2 franchise.

:lol:

I think they will be smart enough to keep him away from superhero movies' roles now. Or he will be smart enough to keep away too possibly.

:lol:

I think they will be smart enough to keep him away from superhero movies' roles now. Or he will be smart enough to keep away too possibly.

Ryan Reynolds is very stubborn.

It wouldn't surprise me if he petitions to be the next Tony Stark.

RR has a net worth of 45 million. He's fucked Scarlett Johansson and is currently fucking Blake Lively. I could easily handle being RR

George Clooney has almost 200 m, respect in Hollywood, a filmography filled with great films, and banged Stacy Keibler.

Clooney wins.

• Like 1