#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

A good franchise is worth 5 billion in revenue and then you can do a reboot and get another 5 billion.

Provided the film is a hit. Take TFR for example. Disney already had two big hits this summer with IM3 and MU. Instead of spending 250+ on TFR, make 5 films over the next year for 50 millon
  • Like 1

George Clooney has almost 200 m, respect in Hollywood, a filmography filled with great films, and banged Stacy Keibler. Clooney wins.

I would have no complaints living either life
  • Like 2

George Clooney has almost 200 m, respect in Hollywood, a filmography filled with great films, and banged Stacy Keibler.

Clooney wins.

Of course he's 15 years older ... and 15 years ago Clooney was rocking the bat nipples in one of the worst super hero movies ever ... so they have a lot in common.

Johannson & Lively combo > Keibler (especially now days ...maybe not as much 10 years ago) ... of course, the women George has been with probably add up quite nicely.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Of course he's 15 years older ... and 15 years ago Clooney was rocking the bat nipples in one of the worst super hero movies ever ... so they have a lot in common.

Johannson & Lively combo > Keibler (especially now days ...maybe not as much 10 years ago) ... of course, the women George has been with probably add up quite nicely.

I don't expect Ryan Reynolds to have a George Clooney trajectory.

Not unless he pulls a Ben Affleck. 

Provided the film is a hit. Take TFR for example. Disney already had two big hits this summer with IM3 and MU. Instead of spending 250+ on TFR, make 5 films over the next year for 50 millon

Yeah you can make alot of money with five Saw movies,

But that dwarfs in comparison to five Avenger or Transformer movies.

Yeah you can make alot of money with five Saw movies, But that dwarfs in comparison to five Avenger or Transformer movies.

Of course, that's ignoring that there's far more upside in these tent pole movies (it's where Disney makes its money)...and while 50m movies CAN make money, it's not this company forte and quite frankly take every small to mid budget movie and the profit from one of their successful movies probably draws ten of them combined. Most mid to small budget movies don't make a lot of money, if any at all. Lets not pretend splitting a 250m budget in 5 is some instant recipe for more success, you could lose just as much if not more than Lone Ranger...heck, you'd be spending a good bit more on P&A for five smaller films than one big one.
  • Like 1

With PR hitting the low tracking numbers this forum is deader then a door nail. I've never seen it this inactive before, kind of eerie.

It's most active during the release cycle of the big franchise movies. We've hit that lull that'll probably last until mid-October or so

How many major movies carry a OWS message?

Especially compared to television where every other show encourages the worship of money and fame.

I would say The Dark Knight Rises, In Time, The Hunger Games series all have class warfare themes to some degree.

Really, it's more that capitalists, the rich, and Republicans are always the villains causing pollution, mayhem, destruction, and pure evil.

It's unoriginal to have the same type of villain every time - why can't a crazed enviromentalist be a villain for once? Or a corrupt Democrat politician - with Weiner, both Clintons, John Kerry, John Edwards, OBAMA and all of his cronies, etc. there's plenty of basis for one.

I want more balance in types of villains

Not to mention I find it hypocritical that multi-millionaires like Matt Damon and Jodie Foster get to criticize the rich and say they're part of the 99%... umm no? lol most celebs are total hypocrites and if they really did agree with OWS, they'd take a 90-95% paycut but they won't because they're... wait for it... capitalists.

It's most active during the release cycle of the big franchise movies. We've hit that lull that'll probably last until mid-October or so

But just yesterday this place was booming. It's due to the numbers that disappointed many IMO.

I would say The Dark Knight Rises, In Time, The Hunger Games series all have class warfare themes to some degree.Really, it's more that capitalists, the rich, and Republicans are always the villains causing pollution, mayhem, destruction, and pure evil.It's unoriginal to have the same type of villain every time - why can't a crazed enviromentalist be a villain for once? Or a corrupt Democrat politician - with Weiner, both Clintons, John Kerry, John Edwards, OBAMA and all of his cronies, etc. there's plenty of basis for one.I want more balance in types of villainsNot to mention I find it hypocritical that multi-millionaires like Matt Damon and Jodie Foster get to criticize the rich and say they're part of the 99%... umm no? lol most celebs are total hypocrites and if they really did agree with OWS, they'd take a 90-95% paycut but they won't because they're... wait for it... capitalists.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but most celebrities do a lot for their fellow citizens including donating to charities, teaching English to 3rd world country kids and using their influence for a positive impact on kids to look up to. I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to give up some of their wealth to help the less fortunate. Celebrities and sports players are some of the very rare rich people I like. If Republicans want more evil democrats/environmentalists create your own movie studio and make your own films.

Elysium may depict a highly stratified class system and 99% mentality, but it's framed in the context of a dystopian future where the majority of Earth is an environmental shithole. Of course the masses will be living terrible lives while a select few have the resources to lead good ones and keep the mobs out. It's not political, just a common sense fact about the situation. 

I would say The Dark Knight Rises, In Time, The Hunger Games series all have class warfare themes to some degree.Really, it's more that capitalists, the rich, and Republicans are always the villains causing pollution, mayhem, destruction, and pure evil.

TDKR's class warfare angle was all a sham, an illusion perpetuated by Bane to paint his takeover in a politically understandable light. Really it was a commentary on how certain forces can manipulate angry mobs into destruction and aggression under the guise of a banner promising equality, rights, and an end to classism.

TDKR is more critical of the 99% movement than the capitalists because in the end it shows the 99% participants like Catwoman's friend and others to really just be self-interested and wanting more stuff for the sake of getting more stuff and violently hurting those who have the stuff they want (not what they need).

Edited by 4815162342