#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Bay makes great action films that connect with audiences in a broad manner, for the most part.  There's also an evil little imp inside his brain that comes out sometimes (Bad Boys 2, Pain & Gain, parts of TF2) that no one really wants to see.

GDT makes enjoyable character fantasy and let his crazy creature loving brain run rampant with PR.

I love both, but I can see how one would prefer one and find the other's work tedious.

GDT made Hellboy II, one of the biggest abominations in the history of film.  He knows how to make quirky characters and nothing more.  

He also made Pan's Labyrinth. When Bay actually makes a fantastic movie I will forgive him for TF2 and TF3 which sucked too.

Bay made The Rock which is really a 6/10 movie.

Bad Boys is only enjoyable because of Smith and Lawrence chemistry.

Armageddon which I admit I enjoy but it is complete utter trash with GOD AWFUL acting.

Pearl Harbour which is over-long and completely shallow. It's a disgrace of a film which should have been great as it dealt with a historical landmark event.

The Island is a average episode of the twilight zone extend to 2 hours.

Bad Boys 2 is fucking awful and the racist jokes were completely off putting

TF1 is enjoyable but is honestly a mess.

TF2 is still one of the worst movies EVER made.

TF3 sucks.

• Like 2

GDT made Hellboy II, one of the biggest abominations in the history of film.

Dafuq?! Hellboy 2's an awesome movie, which had the misfortune of being steamrolled by TDK...

It's without a doubt in the top tier of superhero movies. I'd rate it beyond all of Marvel Studio's efforts, save for the first Iron Man...

• Like 4

Dafuq?! Hellboy 2's an awesome movie, which had the misfortune of being steamrolled by TDK...

It's without a doubt in the top tier of superhero movies. I'd rate it beyond all of Marvel Studio's efforts, save for the first Iron Man...

:rofl:  :rofl:

You can say you want about Bay, but he is a master at what he does and a true auteur as funny as that sounds. Having said that, GDT is a real visionary and world-creator and has the potential to be another Cameron or Lucas, unlike Bay IMO. 

Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1

Agreed. I wouldn't rate it over The Avengers though, but the rest of Marvel, definitely. It's fantastic!

I liked Hellboy 2. I'm not over the moon about Del Toro's work though aside from Pan's Labyrinth.

Bay made the Rock, which was at a time where he had to be more restrained. The movie excels on its razor sharp script (After all, Aaron Sorkin and Tarantino worked on it) and the chemistry of the lead actors. That's his best film by far and I will quote that movie endlessly until I die. The rest of Bay's filmography ranges from alright to repulsive (Transformers 2, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys 2 --> Saved by Hot Fuzz).

• Like 2

Well, there is some good news at my theater so far, Pacific Rim looks to increase from yesterday.Not sure by how much exactly, but I'll take what I can get.

But it will not increase from the 14.5 it made because 3.6 of that is from sneaks

• Like 1