#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Go to your profile and click manage ignore prefs. Or click on the username on top screen and click manage ignore perfs.

If someone wants to ignore mine, unfortunately you can't ignore a mods posts.

Look dude, you don't like Bay, that's fine.  I get it.  Many people do.  And no he doesn't have more relatable characters than John Hughes, but then again, no one does.  As for Tarantino and Coens, those are not relatable characters.  They are so blatantly over the top and that's fine.  

Bay is entertaining.  He can do something that very few others can and that's make his films humourous, thrilling, action packed and has characters that people like.  If he had one film that did well, it might be a fluke, but with a myriad of films, it's not a fluke. Even PH for as shitty as people say it was, made 200 million in 2001.  You know who hasn't had a 200 million dollar film or even a 100 million dollar film?  Del Toro.

Bay wipes the floor with GDT.  GDT should go to Bay for lessons on how to make a film that people want to see.

Now this I agree with. It's actually objectively proven via box office receipts that Bay makes films that people want to see. They are obviously entertaining to the masses or else they wouldn't earn nearly as much as they do. As for the Bay vs. del Toro argument, there really isn't any contest as to whose films people want to see more, whether GdT's fans like that or not. 

• Like 3

I'm 30 minutes into the movie, and I'm already in love with Anna Kendrick in this film ... very fun so far. ;)

Pitch Perfect is doing exactly for Anna Kendrick what Easy A did for Emma Stone.

A not widely successful movie with a cult following that is doing a killing on video/vod/blu ray.

She is becoming a legitimate star and she nabs major roles now.

• Like 1

You should really go out and see the damn thing instead of posting this same comment on every page. 

I'll see it and I'll probably enjoy, probably even more than TF. But I am laughing at all these people acting as if this film is some kind of amazing films, with a great "story" and great "characters" and it is heads and shoulders above other summer popcorn movies. Nobody is likely going to remember a single character name when they walk out of the movie or even the movie itself. It will likely be completely forgotten outside of its small niche in a few months time

Bay made TF2. That alone refutes any possibility of being the best. He just knows how to make his films visual appealing in a superficial commercial way. He is not a character, actor or story director.

Michael is an amazing Storyteller.

Steven Spielberg

• Like 1

Wow, what pointless debate. Megan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rosie Blowfish

Shia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunnam.

Bay = action in broad daylight

GdT = action at night

Thetefore, Bayhem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GdT action.

End of.

I read tons of manufacured shit on other forums about fanboys not being able to relate to Shia and Megan in the first movie. This is as big bullshit as that Dunst and Maguire were hated before SM3. Stop the pointless revision. PR succeeds on its own merit, not because of putting down TF.

• Like 2

Now this I agree with. It's actually objectively proven via box office receipts that Bay makes films that people want to see. They are obviously entertaining to the masses or else they wouldn't earn nearly as much as they do. As for the Bay vs. del Toro argument, there really isn't any contest as to whose films people want to see more, whether GdT's fans like that or not. 

And I have no problem with people liking director's I don't.  I just don't know why people get so offended and antagonistic or upset when I tell them that imo director A is better than director B.  It's my opinion.  We all have them.

2008 was the appetizer. The Tip of the iceberg. Childs play.

The meltdown that is coming is gonna shake our western, naive, pseudo- civilized, entitled, world to its core. 

The party will soon be over.

yeah all the stinkin QE money-printing,

And I have no problem with people liking director's I don't.  I just don't know why people get so offended and antagonistic or upset when I tell them that imo director A is better than director B.  It's my opinion.  We all have them.

Because people like there opinions.  Bay is obviously a good director since people keep going back to his films. 

Posted Image

If money meant quality in film making, then Grown Ups 2 would be a certified fresh. We were discussing the quality of film making from the directors, not the money they make. GDT made Pan's Labyrinth, a film with 96% fresh, and several oscar nominations. The only awards show Bay has ever been nominated in is the razzies. Bay is shit with characters. Del Toro knows how to make a film with good characters.

People didn't go to see those films for the human characters, they went to see the action or maybe the robots or cars. Transformers had one dimensional characters whose every line was cringe worthy. I'll quote my favorite reviewer on the main difference between PR and TF:

'Comparing Pacific Rim to Transformers is like comparing Jurassic Park to Theodore Rex because they both have dinosaurs'

Regardless if you think so Bay makes movies people want to see. I don't care if you think TF is an abomination of film, Bay knows how to make a film the GA wants to see. The Del Toro movies are catered towards small niches in moviegoing so they never make a lot of money. Baumer's point is valid: He knows how to make films people will show up for and that's the most important thing for any studio. You can feel free to hate it, but the GA doesn't.
  • Like 2

Because people like there opinions.  Bay is obviously a good director since people keep going back to his films. 

transformers brand mainly. not bay. all bay's films are atrocious on a film level except for the rock.

I'm watching Tformers now, its all pure camp, absolute garbage.

but i'm not GA.

Edited by Halba