#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

ive been done since grown ups

Yeah, I've been done with Sandler comedies for a while now. His late 90's to early 2000's were amazingly funny but last 6-7 years have been ridiculously bad. 

I never wanted to punch Shia in the face, or their parents (ok, maybe his mom one or two times), or Megan, or Rosie (hell, I wanted to do other types of stuff to them both... :lol: ), or Josh, or Tyrese... :thinking:

I wanted to punch all of em except 4 Tyrese :D

Well, at least one good film had an impressive weekend. I might have to wait till DVD to see this though, because I'm not sure it'll get international distribution

I'm still in awe at how people like Sandler's crap. I knew Grown Ups 2 would suck since I saw the first trailer, but I can't believe that people found it funny. Even with 7% fresh, and a 4/10 from IMDB, it's still gonna have good WOM, which is quite shocking. Don't tell me you think that this actually looks good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEKiLlYwFYk

I get that the cast is well liked by the GA, but GU2 somehow looks like a worse, and lazier version of GU1. And it's success tells Hollywood that the GA don't care how lazy a sequel is as long as it has the same cast, and is, you know, a sequel.

I'm not obsessed. It's just that I'm surprised that lazy, tired shit like GU2 makes money, whereas actual original summer films that are good like Pacific Rim end up flopping. And RT is a percentage, so it helps me to know which films to skip, and which to see. If Pacific Rim had 7% fresh, then yeah I wouldn't watch it because it would be terrible. I wasn't gonna pay to watch The Lone Ranger, but after the reviews I'm gonna avoid that shit.The few times I disagreed with RT this summer was with Man of Steel (I think that it should have been 65% fresh, like Cloud Atlas) and White House Down (A bit too high IMO). 

But critics have nothing to do with how a paying audience feels about a film.

And would a studio rather be a timeless classic as deemed by the critics or a film that is loved by audiences that makes them tons of money?

I know that Sandler's movies have never been great but is it just me or are his films declining in quality? The older ones had some degree of polish and professionalism but his recent films are getting progressively cheaper looking and lazier.

• Like 2

I know that Sandler's movies have never been great but is it just me or are his films declining in quality? The older ones had some degree of polish and professionalism but his recent films are getting progressively cheaper looking and lazier.

You're right. There is night and day difference between his late 90's movies to now. 

Original was loved

4X

highest grossing Sandler film

Bound to open in the 40's, I thought even 50

Legs will not be as good imo because its not as much a family comedy this time

And it sucks

The original Grown Ups was loved? By who? I don't know a single person who said they enjoyed that movie, and that includes people I know who enjoy every piece of garbage he puts out.

The original Grown Ups was loved? By who? I don't know a single person who said they enjoyed that movie, and that includes people I know who enjoy every piece of garbage he puts out.

4 multiplier after a 40M OW, does show that audiences enjoyed it.  ;)

• Like 4