#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Exhibitor Relations@ERCboxoffice2m

Adam Sandler's GROWN UPS 2 debuted #2 with $42.5M, topping the original's opening of $40.5M.

Amazing that it retained most of the audience from the first one.

Won't be as leggy though. Still a great opening considering the terrible RT score. Finally, a reason for Sony to be happy.

Baumer, can you update the title? DM2 number was released couple of hrs ago and it was 44.7M.  :D

I've been updating all morning. I missed the DM2 number.You guys like my outline?

Won't be as leggy though. Still a great opening considering the terrible RT score. Finally, a reason for Sony to be happy.

This is what grinds my gears. Sony released two original blockbusters, and both bombed. And now it releases two sequels and they both will make tons of cash. This is why we can't have original stuff. This is also probably why Sony is moving forward with Bad Teacher 2.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

- GROWN UPS 2Sony / Columbia3,491 $16,350,000-- / $4,683$16,350,000 / 1 $14,625,000-10.6% / $4,189$30,975,000 / 2 $11,525,000-21.2% / $3,301$42,500,000 / 3 - PACIFIC RIMWarner Bros.3,275 $14,625,000-- / $4,466$14,625,000 / 1 $12,795,000-12.5% / $3,907$27,420,000 / 2 $10,880,000-15% / $3,322$38,300,000 / 3 Sunday holds for both are awfully optimistic.

Edited by Gopher

This is what grinds my gears. Sony released two original blockbusters, and both bombed. And now it releases two sequels and they both will make tons of cash. This is why we can't have original stuff. This is also probably why Sony is moving forward with Bad Teacher 2.

And there are tons of people who complain about sequels (even the good ones) and yet they don't support original films. The irony in our lives.

They did release TITE, which succeeded.
  • Like 1

They did release TITE, which succeeded.

It has been delayed OS to August and September and in the few markets where already opened bombed, but the DOM result is likely enough to make a profit since it didn't costed too much to make. Is it still on track to top 100M?

Edited by CJohn

I don't care about GU, but this statement is just silly. Who cares about its second weekend drop when it had a multi of 4?

Because that suggests that WOM maybe wasn't THAT great.

The second weekend is the second most important weekend because movies tend to leave theaters a lot quicker than they used to.