41 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

one of the better disneys, love robin williams as the genie. like most of their movies it's a misogynistic piece of shit but...well, it's amusing. B- also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoj2mJWlKUk

Robin Williams is incredible in the Genie role, one of my most favorite works of his for sure. I grew up with this movie among other Disney classics. I don't think I can count the times I have watched Aladdin, I still watched it every time it's on TV.

It's fun, entertaining, great music, good animation, and also got lots of heart. One of the cutest, probably top 5, romances in a Disney movie. And Jafar is definitely up there in my best Disney villains list, alongside Ursula, Maleficent, Gaston, and a few others.

A

• Like 2

Despite the stereotypical handling of the Orient: the epic of my childhood.

A

It was Arabia.

Which Disney had to change a rather amusing line from the original cut that is on the original cassette soundtrack when it came on VHS.

one of the better disneys, love robin williams as the genie. like most of their movies it's a misogynistic piece of shit but...well, it's amusing.

What?! Before there was Mulan, there was Fierce Goddess Jasmine. From the Unshaved Mouse's Review, coz I just cannot put it any better than this:

Jasmine overhears Aladdin telling the Sultan how he will “win her” and is pretty pissed.

Posted Image

“”Win me” how exactly? What do you mean by that?”

Posted Image

“Um…well, you know…”

Posted Image

“No I don’t fucking know. Win me how? How are you going to win me?”

Posted Image

“Listen Jasmine, you got it all wrong…”

Posted Image

“Shut the fuck up. He’s a big boy. He knows what he said. Win me how? Sorry, maybe it’s me. I’m a little fucked up, maybe I just don’t get it. Win me how? Like a carnival prize? What am I? A mouldy fucking teddy bear? You gonna throw a ring on a hook and get me off some fuckin’ carnie? HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GONNA WIN ME?!”

Did I mention that Jasmine’s awesome? 

The rest of his amazing and spot-on review of the film: http://unshavedmouse.com/2013/06/13/disney-reviews-with-the-unshaved-mouse-31-aladdin/

Edited by Spidey Freak

I'm not changing my grade because I need to rewatch this fully paying attention to it, but it's definitely better than the credit I'm giving it. What fascinates me though is how the film for the first half hour is still clearly one of the better Disney Renaissance films thanks to strong characters and an intriguing setting, but once the Genie shows up, it becomes a totally different and more exciting movie in every sense, making it one of the absolute best Disney films ever. B