Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

The Conjuring has some great WoM right now, several people at college are going out of the way to see it because so many people think its scary. One guy called 15 of his friends still shaking in the movie theater to tell them it was the scariest movie he's seen all year.

The Conjuring has some great WoM right now, several people at college are going out of the way to see it because so many people think its scary. One guy called 15 of his friends still shaking in the movie theater to tell them it was the scariest movie he's seen all year.

That's not exactly a bold endorsement. :P

For those who concern:

Movie ticket prices hit record highs thanks to popularity of 3D films

The average movie ticket price hit a new high of $8.38 for the three months ending in June, according to data from the National Association of Theatre Owners. That figure eclipsed the previous record of $8.12, which occurred during the second quarter of 2012.

It also represented a 5.5 percent increase from $7.94 in the first three months of the year.

So members here probably will hate 3D even more I guess ...

• Like 1

20 million at least?!?! Great for the Conjuring!!

I'd project:

Friday - 23.5 million

Saturday - 18 million

Sunday - 13.5 million

55 million opening weekend - my extremely bold projection lol

Considering it'll probably have at least a B+ CinemaScore, I'd say 120-160 million is definitely in the cards and would make up for any losses caused by Pacific Rim.

Red 2 - it'll get decent legs: 22-23 million

Turbo: Nice rebound after the decline on Thursday - it'll catch up next week against Wolverine: 23-24 million

RIPD - yeah... take your 12 to 14 million and be happy lol :P seriously who thought this should be released this time of year?!? It would have done perfect in January-March when they're isn't much blockbuster competition.

Hoping that Despicable Me 2 holds well - I'd like to see it zoom past 350 million.

Edited by mahnamahna

It is amazing that there have been more than 100+ 3D movie since Avatar came out 4 years ago yet many people still consider Avatar has the best 3D and dont give a shit about all other 3D tricks ...

Edited by firedeep

Only 3D movie I've seen in the past year is Oz, and Hobbit in the weird cardboard cutout 3D shit. Waste of money, adds nothing to the experience if the film isn't named "Avatar"

Life of Pi was great in 3D.

• Like 2