Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Nothing this summer other than NYSM had great legs. Just too crowded throughout each month. I just don't understand how you can open 4 movies wide on 1 weekend. Absolutely ridiculous scheduling, hopefully studios will learn for the future.

Yes, agreed.  But really, where else could Turbo open?  Conjuring and Red2 are going to do well and RIPD would have bombed anywhere.

Yes, agreed.  But really, where else could Turbo open?  Conjuring and Red2 are going to do well and RIPD would have bombed anywhere.

RIPD should have opened in January IMO. Turbo needed virtually no competition. Maybe September? Before Sony got the date they should have putted Turbo there. Red 2 isn't doing very well either, I think October would have been a smarter choice.

When was the last time a horror flick got a cinemascore in the A range? Even the first Paranormal Activity, a word of mouth hit, only got a B. I know you guys don't care about cinemascores but I'm impressed.

• Like 3

RIPD should have opened in January IMO. Turbo needed virtually no competition. Maybe September? Before Sony got the date they should have putted Turbo there. Red 2 isn't doing very well either, I think October would have been a smarter choice.

RED2 could hit 20 mill.  And if WOM is as strong as I think it will be, it could do 80 mill.

That won't get me back in contention, but it will sure help to get the extra 20K.

After I started really well, I've fallen off completely so it's fun now to take risks and see if I can make up some ground.  :D

True but releasing 4 wide movies hurt holdovers the most as they start shedding screens at a crazy pace and that's why we haven't seen great legs this entire summer. NYSM was an anomaly but I loved it so it was great to see it have tremendous legs.  :D 

• Like 1

RED2 could hit 20 mill.  And if WOM is as strong as I think it will be, it could do 80 mill.

If his OD is the lower end with 6.5M, it is quite bad.

Man is filthy rich and slept with some of the most beautiful women in the world, I say he's doing just fine. ;)  :P  

Scarlett, bigger pool than your house etc. etc.

So what? You could say that shit about any celebrity. The fact that his last 12 movies have been mega-flops is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So what? You could say that shit about any celebrity. The fact that his last 12 movies have been mega-flops is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Safe House was a mega-flop? The Proposal? THE CROODS?

• Like 3