Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Man (...) slept with some of the most beautiful women in the world

It's probably the case with many men in Hollywood but why does it always have to be reminded when it's about Ryan Reynolds?

Is this the only thing he can hook on?

Is anyone surprised about Turbo??

Monsters Inc and Despicable Me 2 both just had over $200m worth of families go to see them.

Yeah... The Families seem to be pretty generous this year.

Is anyone surprised about Turbo??

Monsters Inc and Despicable Me 2 both just had over $200m worth of families go to see them.

I'm surprised that it was made in the first place, let alone released right in a traffic jam of summer animated films.

• Like 2

That Cinemascore for "The Conjuring" will work like an A+ for other non-horror  Films. I mean, even "Insidious" only was in the "B"-Range and that one had an amazing multiplier for a horror movie.

We have to consider, that we have 4 wide openers this weekend, so it's understandable, that there's a limit for night shows for "The Conjuring", and there are still plenty of holdovers on the screens and maybe that's why it fell short of the 20m number, RTH mentioned earlier.

Is anyone surprised about Turbo?? Monsters Inc and Despicable Me 2 both just had over $200m worth of families go to see them.

Yeah Turbo bombing was painfully obvious. Especially when you add the fact that the movie just looks like an unappealing and odd concept.

Safe House was a mega-flop? The Proposal? THE CROODS?

lol Safe House and Proposal was all Denzel/Sandra Bullock and Croods has nothing to do with any of the "stars".

Taking a look back through his filmography, RR has practically never carried a movie. And since Proposal nearly all of his movie have been epic bombs.

• Like 1

lol Safe House and Proposal was all Denzel/Sandra Bullock and Croods has nothing to do with any of the "stars". Taking a look back through his filmography, RR has practically never carried a movie. And since Proposal nearly all of his movie have been epic bombs.

Proposal was not Bullock. Thats the movie that allowed us to call it the Bullock factor. And what stars carry movirs tpday? Washington and Sandler? Who else?

That Cinemascore for "The Conjuring" will work like an A+ for other non-horror  Films. I mean, even "Insidious" only was in the "B"-Range and that one had an amazing multiplier for a horror movie.

We have to consider, that we have 4 wide openers this weekend, so it's understandable, that there's a limit for night shows for "The Conjuring", and there are still plenty of holdovers on the screens and maybe that's why it fell short of the 20m number, RTH mentioned earlier.

Can everyone please remember that Insidious' distributor kept its marketing budget for after opening weekend. Hence why the legs were great. Yeh it had decent WOM, but those legs werent all based on WOM.

I still love Ryan Reynolds, I'm not interested in RIPD or his cartoon.

But lets face it, he's still a multi-millionaire, can probably pick and choose which films he wants to do, and he's gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure he's not exactly crying about the box office this weekend.

lol Safe House and Proposal was all Denzel/Sandra Bullock and Croods has nothing to do with any of the "stars".

Taking a look back through his filmography, RR has practically never carried a movie. And since Proposal nearly all of his movie have been epic bombs.

This idea that Proposal made lots of money only because of Bullock and not because of the Bullock/Reynolds chemistry is incredibly retard.

• Like 1