Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

You don't think The Conjuring is a good movie. But you haven't seen the movie.

I haven't met you. But I don't think you're very smart.

Why am I not smart? Because I said I don't like a movie without watching it? How many people here can claim to have seen all the movies that are in theaters and they say they suck or things like that. Sincerely, I don't even care what others think. I'm not a fan of horrors, and this can be The Dark Knight of horrors cause I still don't like it whether I've watched it or not.

Why am I not smart? Because I said I don't like a movie without watching it? How many people here can claim to have seen all the movies that are in theaters and they say they suck or things like that. Sincerely, I don't even care what others think. I'm not a fan of horrors, and this can be The Dark Knight of horrors cause I still don't like it whether I've watched it or not.

No. You said it was not a good movie....WITHOUT SEEING IT. You don't have to see it to say whether you will like it or not but to say whether its a good movie or not you HAVE to have seen it. 

• Like 5

This summer kind of sucks. Not saying all the movies were great but I feel the onslaught of releases and rapid theater loss for movies hindered their runs

So is anyone else kind of feeling that now that summer 2013 is winding down, all of a sudden the summer 2014 release slate is looking just a tiny bit more appealing than it was 2 or 3 weeks ago? (Comic-Con helps obviously, but I was getting that vibe before SDCC too.)

Do you think summer 2014 will wind up being just as crowded as 2013 was?

We can already point to dates like May 30, June 6, July 2, July 25, and August 1 where we see multiple big releases on the same day and obviously the schedule will add more films over the coming months.

• Like 1

So is anyone else kind of feeling that now that summer 2013 is winding down, all of a sudden the summer 2014 release slate is looking just a tiny bit more appealing than it was 2 or 3 weeks ago? (Comic-Con helps obviously, but I was getting that vibe before SDCC too.)

Do you think summer 2014 will wind up being just as crowded as 2013 was?

We can already point to dates like May 30, June 6, July 2, July 25, and August 1 where we see multiple big releases on the same day and obviously the schedule will add more films over the coming months.

2014 looks wack as f**k!

Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy and Godzilla. The rest of the Summer has interesting movies, but nothing I am anticipating very much.

Pixar's movie may jump on my list if the teaser is good, tho.

This summer kind of sucks. Not saying all the movies were great but I feel the onslaught of releases and rapid theater loss for movies hindered their runs

It's pretty clear studios overstuffed the summer, a lot of tentpoles along with surefire bombs taking away screens.