Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Occasionally Lex G gets it right.

LexG ‏@LexG_III18 Jul

I don't remember ANNNNNNYTHING about RED 1. Nobody ON EARTH remembers the particulars of RED 1.

LexG ‏@LexG_III18 Jul

RED 2 is like having a THE TOURIST 2. Or a THE RITE 2. Or a NEXT 2. Or a GREAT RAID 2.

Gee, good for LexG. I remember everything about RED and have been looking forward to the sequel since it was anounced

People need to stop giving there opinion like its fact and everyone else agrees with them.

• Like 3

Gee, good for LexG. I remember everything about RED and have been looking forward to the sequel since it was anouncedPeople need to stop giving there opinion like its fact and everyone else agrees with them.

Why are you taking what he says so literally?

Does anyone realize that Pacific Rim could have great WOM which should push the film with a good multiplier over $120 million?

I guess $38M is no longer a good start for an original movie. Now every movie must make $70 million on opening weekend!

Does anyone realize that Pacific Rim could have great WOM which should push the film with a good multiplier over $120 million?

I guess $38M is no longer a good start for an original movie. Now every movie must make $70 million on opening weekend!

that ship has sailed

• Like 2

Does anyone realize that Pacific Rim could have great WOM which should push the film with a good multiplier over $120 million?I guess $38M is no longer a good start for an original movie. Now every movie must make $70 million on opening weekend!

It won't he great WOM and it won't hit 120m.Also given the budget and premise of this movie, 38m isn't great. Edited by Jessie

Whether it's original or not doesn't really matter if it's getting the same huge budget the franchise sequels are getting. It needed to perform better

• Like 2

Does anyone realize that Pacific Rim could have great WOM which should push the film with a good multiplier over $120 million? I guess $38M is no longer a good start for an original movie. Now every movie must make $70 million on opening weekend!

Do you not realize its weekday numbers? It's in line for at least a 55 percent drop this weekend with that Thursday number, and it could be worse than that. So how is that indicating a leggy run?

I thought it had a chance of making 120m to 170m.... but now it doesn't even look like it's going to hit 95m.

Occasionally Lex G gets it right.

LexG ‏@LexG_III18 Jul

I don't remember ANNNNNNYTHING about RED 1. Nobody ON EARTH remembers the particulars of RED 1.

LexG ‏@LexG_III18 Jul

RED 2 is like having a THE TOURIST 2. Or a THE RITE 2. Or a NEXT 2. Or a GREAT RAID 2.

Expect Red 1 had decent reviews, decent WOM and a decent box office take so these comments are completely full of shit.
  • Like 2

Is that fact or opinion?

Comparing Red to films like The Rite and Next is dumb. That's a fact.Also 22m worth of people remembered Red 1 so it is actually full of shit. Edited by Jessie