Fullbuster

Box Office OS 2014 Forecasts

Posted Image

So, what do you expect about 2014 OS BO? What winner do you imagine?

Transformers 4?

The Amazing Spiderman 2?

Guardians of the Galaxy?

The Hobbit 3?

Captain America TWS?

Another?

I would say :

1-TF4

2-TH3

3-TASM2

Every of them passing $1B WW ;)

I think GOTG will surprise us, and CA TWS will have a real boost compared to CA -> $350m OS, $250m DOM.

My top 10 OS prediction: 1.) TF4 - 1.05B 2.) The Hobbit 3 - 950M 3.) FF7 - 640M 4.) ASM 2 - 620M 5.) Rio 2 - 600M 6.) Mockingjay PT 1 - 550M 7.) HTTYD 2 - 520M 8.) Minions - 500M 9.) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 480M 10.) Godzilla - 450M I have Interstellar at 440M........... 2014 has HUGE OS potential, maybe moreso than 2015!

Transformers 4 - 850M

Hobbit: There and Back Again - 820M

The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 610M

Fast 7 - 580M

How to Train your Dragon 2 - 500M

Dawn of Planet of the Apes - 450m

Rio 2 - 440M

Mockingjay 1 - 410M

A good Dinasour - 400M

Interstellar - 395M

Minions Spin-off - 390M

X-men: Days of Future Past -380m

Tomorrowland - 360M

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 340m

Guardians of Galaxy - 280m

Godzilla - 260M

Edited by Olive

Transformers 4 - 850MHobbit: There and Back Again - 820MThe Amazing Spider-man 2 - 610MHow to Train your Dragon 2 - 500MDawn of Planet of the Apes - 450mA good Dinasour - 400MMinions Spin-off - 390MX-men: Days of Future Past -380mTomorrowland - 360MCaptain America: The Winter Soldier - 340mGuardians of Galaxy - 280mGodzilla - 260M

What about FF7? And I highly doubt an original Pixar film will top a minions movie overseas.......... Godzilla is also very well known worldwide, I'd say 300M OS is locked. Edited by Godzilla

What about FF7? I highly doubt an original Pixar film will top a minions movie overseas..........Godzilla is also very well known worldwide, I'd say 300M OS is locked.

I edited above.

But it's a movie about Dinasours, it's promising.

Not Sure about Godzilla.

What about FF7? And I highly doubt an original Pixar film will top a minions movie overseas.......... Godzilla is also very well known worldwide, I'd say 300M OS is locked.

Pixar never needed a franchise to gross a lot,The Pixar brand is enough.The Good Dinosaur will beat that spin-off I could bet on it.

Pixar never needed a franchise to gross a lot,The Pixar brand is enough.The Good Dinosaur will beat that spin-off I could bet on it.

Last time we had a spin-off against a Pixar film, Puss In Boots beat Cars 2, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

• Like 1

I think Transformers is favorite to win (China nd SK numbers should be crazy). Hobbit is for me unknown right now. It will be the final Middle Earth movie and the action, epic and death should be massive (beyond some possible surprises), so it has a chance. But I want to see how Hobbit 2 is. I am bit disoriented because I do not know exactly what we will see.

Last time we had a spin-off against a Pixar film, Puss In Boots beat Cars 2, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Cars 2 is the worst Pixar quality-wise, no comparison. By the way the first Cars wasn't very loved too...

Cars 2 is the worst Pixar quality-wise, no comparison. By the way the first Cars wasn't very loved too...

Cars 2 was up 69% from the first Cars and made more than most of Pixars originals.

Cars 2 was up 69% from the first Cars and made more than most of Pixars originals.

Avatar wasn't a sequel, and look at how much it grossed, same thing for Titanic.

The Good Dinosaur will benefit from appealling story and characters, it's certainly possible :)

Edited by Sonic

Top 10 OS 2014 prediction: 
1.) The Hobbit 3 - 1.0B
2.) TF4 - 800M
3.) FF7 - 600M 
4.) TASM 2 - 600M 
5.) Rio 2 - 550M 
6.) Mockingjay 1 - 550M 
7.) HTTYD 2 - 540M 
8.) Minions - 450M 
9.) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 440M 
10.) DOFP - 350M

Overally a pathetic year

Top 10 OS 2014 prediction: 

1.) The Hobbit 3 - 1.0B

2.) TF4 - 800M

3.) FF7 - 600M 

4.) TASM 2 - 600M 

5.) Rio 2 - 550M 

6.) Mockingjay 1 - 550M 

7.) HTTYD 2 - 540M 

8.) Minions - 450M 

9.) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 440M 

10.) DOFP - 350M

Overally a pathetic year

Don't you think TF4 could explode even more than TF3 did thanks to Asian markets?

Well, if we have a 1 billion OS grosser (3rd ever) and 2 800+ it would not be so pathetic... I understand what you mean, but those 2 results would be great.

Edited by peludo

Don't you think TF4 could explode even more than TF3 did thanks to Asian markets?

Well, if we have a 1 billion OS grosser (3rd ever) and 2 800+ it would not be so pathetic... I understand what you mean, but those 2 results would be great.

2014 lacks 300~600m movies.

TF4 will decrease in Europe: reboot + bad sequel effect + weak exchange rates; small increase in Asia and LA overally.

And cant underestimate final effect for TH3.

2014 lacks 300~600m movies.

TF4 will decrease in Europe: reboot + bad sequel effect + weak exchange rates; small increase in Asia and LA overally.

And cant underestimate final effect for TH3.

I supposed that lack of medium size movies was what you referred to. That is very true.

What do you expect fot TF4 in China and SK? I was thinking in all time record in China.

And relative to TH3, the scale of the movie will be quite bigger than first part, with an enormous battle, possible suprises with links to LOTR, final factor and

a very dramatic final.

But I prefer to be cautious after my big fail predicting first part and see what will happen with TH2