Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Despite how good this movie was, Stallone's performance wasn't Oscar-worthy. He was good, probably much better than people were expecting. But compare that to Eddie in Danish Girl (just the trailer even) or even Depp in BM. It's just not on the same level.

Eddie and Depp are main where Stallone is a suporting caracter right?

So you can't do a fair compare here

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

Despite how good this movie was, Stallone's performance wasn't Oscar-worthy. He was good, probably much better than people were expecting. But compare that to Eddie in Danish Girl (just the trailer even) or even Depp in BM. It's just not on the same level.

Haven't seen it to comment yet, but you do realize you're comparing a supporting performance to lead ones right? So it really has no relevance whatsoever how good Stallone was or wasn't compared to Redmayne or Depp. 

If Mark Rylance in BoS is near the top of S. Actor contenders this year, then I have to believe it is a pretty weak field this year and Sly (based on the reviews) can probably get in. 

Edited by MovieMan89

7 hours ago, AJG said:

Who cares about the fights?

WHAT ABOUT THE MONTAGES?!?!?!?!?!

The fights are better than the montages in this one. The first fight is choreographed so damn well and is real time, at that moment I knew I was watching something special.

Stallone's performance is so damn good in this movie, I really feel he should get a nod for supporting actor, it is a very understated performance where as there was potential for him to go full Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Oh I got the Central Intelligence trailer at my screening. Reaction to the last scene was phenomenal. Going to be a big hit.

The trailers I got were:

- Race: looks good and the family sitting next to me went "Gotta see that"

- Barbershop 3: Looks okay

- Ride Along 2: Basically more of the same

- Central Intelligence: The last scene got a huge reaction

-  The revenant: looks beautiful on the big screen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Haven't seen it to comment yet, but you do realize you're comparing a supporting performance to lead ones right? So it really has no relevance whatsoever how good Stallone was or wasn't compared to Redmayne or Depp. 

If Mark Rylance in BoS is near the top of S. Actor contenders this year, then I have to believe it is a pretty weak field this year and Sly (based on the reviews) can probably get in. 

Yes of course. I just mean that compared to performances in general that are talked about for Oscars, nothing much stood out for me other than "wow, I guess Sly actually can still act".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I had the same daydream while watching her in Dear White People, Creed just further cemented it. Really anxious to see where her career goes from here. She's getting some fine parts as of late.

Next stop MCU. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Next stop MCU. 

Eh... Kind of hoping she and  Coogler avoid the DC/Marvel stuff. But, you never know. Hopefully, for his own good, Michael B.  Jordan's done with that nonsense after Fantastic Four as well. But, yeah, she has such natural charisma. She's charming, confident, vulnerable and gorgeous. She's not going to remain a secret to moviegoing masses much longer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Eh... Kind of hoping she and  Coogler avoid the DC/Marvel stuff.

Not saying thats what I want to happen. When she blows up I could just see her catching their eye.

I think she could easily end up in Black Panther or something.

But I agree, hopefully she ends up with a wide range of projects.