Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Ok cool. This shit needs to be performed live with an orchestra and Meek Mill at the Oscars. Right now this is my favourite track I've heard on a soundtrack this year.

THIS IS KING!!  Thanks!  Will be catching Creed sometime this weekend!

The Oscar conversation for Stallone imo comes from a good place but I think feels unnecessary. It's a great performance, once with a ton of grace and honesty, and I think the fact that Coogler nailed his character and got this performance out of him is something to cherish. 

• Like 2

Stallone was absolutely terrific, but all the praise for him has sadly almost overshadowed Jordan's performance, which was the heart and soul of this movie. Just absolutely spectacular work. Nuanced, intense, complex, engaging, and charismatic in every measure. Just makes you FEEL for this character. Stallone did a great job reivitalizing an old legend, but I'm even more impressed at how MBJ created a hero of his own for a new generation to have. Dude is just a great actor. It's sad that the Human Torch stuff made some people forget that. This is a damn good reminder.

• Like 2

You guys have no idea how happy this makes me....to see all of you talking positively about the movie and Stallone.  I mentioned this to Tele the other night, but it's like a sense of pride.  I've loved the guy for so long and many laugh at him and make fun of him and so on.....now they don't.  It's incredibly gratifying.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

The Oscar conversation for Stallone imo comes from a good place but I think feels unnecessary. It's a great performance, once with a ton of grace and honesty, and I think the fact that Coogler nailed his character and got this performance out of him is something to cherish. 

Gld you feel this way.  Now we can hate each other again.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2013 9:52:17, Impact said:

Creed's grandson? Wouldn't he be a kid or a teen? I don't remember Creed having any kids (or being married) in Rocky...so if he had his first born in the 70s...he wouldn't have a full grown grandson yet.

I'm really late to the party here but Creed did have kids.  He told Rocky in III that when he lost to Rocky he didn't want to know from anyone, including his kids.  

Another thing they got right with this movie: the atmosphere. Really felt like I was in working class, gritty Philadelphia. There wasn't flash, there wasn't glitz, and nothing any of the characters did came easy. They all had to work.

The color pallete looked more blue and greyish, colors were dull, but it worked perfectly. And the boxing matches...felt like you were really in there and provided a huge contrast. While the Philly scenes had a more drab feel, the matches were sharp, high contrast, and brutally honest.

Can't remember the last time we got such a brutally honest movie that did everything how it should've been done. 

• Like 6