Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

Man, I don't know how you can consider yourself a fan of movies in any shape or form and have never seen Rocky. That just doesn't compute. That's like not having seen The Godfather, or Star Wars, or Citizen Kane, or all the Nolan movies. Unless you're, like, 12 or something there just isn't any excuse.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2015, 7:01:01, FilmBuff said:

Omg, this movie is perfection. 10/10. I'm seeing it again on Thursday when my mom and dad are in town. My dad side is Sicilian immigrants, so they'll love this movie. I forgive Michael B Jordan for Craptastic Bore.

Didn't realize that Jordan himself had to be forgiven for how bad the recent FF ended up being. After all he was one actor of an ensemble superhero flick and it wasn't as if his performance had brought down the film. The negative reviews were never directed at him specifically....except the ones by (mostly white) fanboys who felt personally insulted Jordan was cast and made it their mission to burn him in effigy. Instead sensible people placed the onus on director/writer Trank who was clearly overwhelmed and clearly had some conflicts with the studio. Why don't you demand an apology from him instead because Jordan doesn't owe you a single thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Fruitvale Station is a great movie. Never seen any Rocky movie. Maybe someday idk. 

If you lived in the USA you could watch a marathon of the first Rocky motion pictures on Spike TV today. If you are only going to see one eventually check out the first Rocky film. It's a classic.

On 11/27/2015, 2:10:09, Gopher said:

The Oscar conversation for Stallone imo comes from a good place but I think feels unnecessary. It's a great performance, once with a ton of grace and honesty, and I think the fact that Coogler nailed his character and got this performance out of him is something to cherish. 

He could get an Oscar if this gets Best Picture. Sylvester is a Producer on the film.

On 4/13/2015 7:53:01, mahnamahna said:

I watched Rocky and Rocky II over the weekend.  Both terrific films.  I'll be getting through the other 4 in the coming days....yep, even the dreaded 5.

On 4/13/2015 7:55:21, CJohn said:

• Like 2