Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

Do we know who came up with the idea of the montage (the director, the editor, Stallone ?) in the first Rocky and is there another film before Rocky that did it ?

The montage with the Bill Conti fanfare is one the most iconic scene in the history of film.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Do we know who came up with the idea of the montage (the director, the editor, Stallone ?) in the first Rocky and is there another film before Rocky that did it ?

The montage with the Bill Conti fanfare is one the most iconic scene in the history of film.

I was actually reading about montages a couple of days ago weirdly enough, and apparently the first montages were in early Soviet era movies. The reason they are present was because of budget constraints in the state-financed movies system so the montage was an effective way to convey the information while spending very little.

Rocky may be the first to effectively use it in a training context which has since been parodied and homaged countless number of times though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

The fuckers here in Sweden pushed this back to January again...

Yo baumer, where would you rank Creed in the Rocky franchise?

It's on par with every other good Rocky.  I give every Rocky at least a 9 except the first which is a ten and the fifth which is the film which shall not be named.  So I can't rank it behind or ahead of the others.  Push comes to shove, I'd say it looks this like:

Rocky:  10

Rocky Balboa:  9.5 (if it had a better training montage, it would be the best one imo)

Rocky II:  9.5

Creed:  9.5

Rocky IV:  9.5

Rocky III:  9

Rocky V:  5 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's on par with every other good Rocky.  I give every Rocky at least a 9 except the first which is a ten and the fifth which is the film which shall not be named.  So I can't rank it behind or ahead of the others.  Push comes to shove, I'd say it looks this like:

Rocky:  10

Rocky Balboa:  9.5 (if it had a better training montage, it would be the best one imo)

Rocky II:  9.5

Creed:  9.5

Rocky IV:  9.5

Rocky III:  9

Rocky V:  5 

Rank Rocky montages, I probably already asked you that, not dure ...

• Like 1