Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

8 hours ago, baumer said:

It's on par with every other good Rocky.  I give every Rocky at least a 9 except the first which is a ten and the fifth which is the film which shall not be named.  So I can't rank it behind or ahead of the others.  Push comes to shove, I'd say it looks this like:

Rocky:  10

Rocky Balboa:  9.5 (if it had a better training montage, it would be the best one imo)

Rocky II:  9.5

Creed:  9.5

Rocky IV:  9.5

Rocky III:  9

Rocky V:  5 

I'd agree with everything you say except Rocky Balboa loses a half point for me. Wanna know why?  Because of that 30 second scene in the bar where that girl comes over and tries to get him to buy her a beer. "Know wha' I sayin' foo? You ain't no betta then me!"  Ugggg. It hurts just to type it. She is so unbearable that it takes a full 2 minutes for me to get over how awful she is. Then they show her a couple more times. Bad idea. Other then that... It's great. 

• Like 2

Good point.  I agree she was pretty bad.  Funny thing is he based that on a real situation.  When filming First Blood in British Columbia, he went into a bar and some locals harassed him and said those very words to him, "you ain't no better than us."  He told this story on the First Blood commentary.  So it was a good idea but they needed a stronger actress to pull it off.

Ohhhhh

myyyyy 

goooood

I loved it!!!!

easy a 9,5/10 for me

so well acted. Stallone should be nominated for some awards. There were a couple of times where i almost dropped a tear.. I NEVER do that..

only complain is that the movie needed a bit more build up in his young days and around Rocky's sickness.. Just 10 min longer with that and it would have been 10/10

WOW. What a great movie. 

• Like 3

Just finished watching them all, gonna get a lot of flack....

Rocky 2 A-

Creed A- 

Rocky B+

Rocky Balboa B

Rocky IV B

Rocky III B-

Rocky V C- 

I watched Rocky and Rocky 2 before Creed the rest after, maybe I should go back again

Edited by Jay Salahi

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Sooooo what happened to Apollo's other two children?

We see 

Hide contents

Duke's 

kid. Like what went on there?

They're living the big money life on South Beach or something.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

As a lifelong Rocky fan and someone who has Philadelphia ties, this movie did everything right.  Definitely better than the last 2 Rocky films.  Ryan you did an amazing job.  Michael B Jordan was fantastic and very believeable as the offspring of Creed.  Stallone performance was one of the best of his career.  This movie better be nominated for SEVERAL awards.  There is no excuse at all.  The movie was a spin-off, sequel and reboot all in one.  The emotion, the passion.   Rocky had so many quotables again, it was just so inspriational.   My only beef is Bill Conti should of done of the score.   Once his music came in all was right in the universe.    Love how Stallone adapted to a new generation, having Hip Hop in the movie and showing the Philly kids riding motor bikes etc.   Man, I believe it would be good but for it be this good and really bring the Rocky Franchise together is amazing.  You leave the film wanting to see Creed fight more and continue.   I hope it's a trilogy.  Thank you Ryan, Michael and Sly.   Amazing movie:

[IMG]

333554d1929eaafe680d60ce8b401d10.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk said:

What the hell's a bro film? I think I know what it means, but just want to make sure.

I would say any film made for the frat boy or dude bro crowd is a "bro" film.

Mad Max: Fury Road is a female empowerment movie dressed up in "bro film" clothing.

• Like 1