Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

This route makes sense cause if it was a Creed Prequel than Rocky technically can't be in it.  This is the only way you can bring in a fresh new faces to the franchise while keeping the Spirit of Rocky alive.  Rocky V didn't work cause you really didn't care for the person Rocky was training.  So even though I like the last street fight in the end the movie itself feel flat.  They were trying to hard to make it Rocky Part 1 again with him losing his money and going back to the community.  "Creed" if done right could end up being better than the last 2 Rocky movies.  I wonder if Carl Weathers has been contacted for a Dream Sequence?

Weathers will never be in another Rocky movie.  He basically had a squabble with Stallone over money for Rocky Balboa and Stallone called him Apollo Greed.

Weathers will never be in another Rocky movie.  He basically had a squabble with Stallone over money for Rocky Balboa and Stallone called him Apollo Greed.

I remember that story, this also caused Weathers to not be in The Expendables when it's a no brainer he should be in the franchise.  But something is telling me him and Stallone may have barried the hatchet with him doing an Apollo Creed spin off from the Rocky Franchise.  How can you have an Creed spin off and Weathers not be apart of it?  I just have a feeling he's going to in it. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see him in it but he's dead so there is really no need for him.

Dream Sequence.  It would be a cameo at best.  But Stallone and Ryan should have an Carl Weathers/Apollo highlight reel at the beginning of the movie like the old Rocky Movies use to do by showing previous films at the start of the movie.  It's weird how much I like this idea.  I guess with me really liking "Fruitvale Station" I feel Michael B and Ryan were a great team and I like this idea of Stallone mentoring the Hothead Grandson of Apollo Creed.  I can't wait for the Dramatic scene when Michael B telling Rocky:

"That's why My Granddad Beat you"

LOL. 

I remember that story, this also caused Weathers to not be in The Expendables when it's a no brainer he should be in the franchise.  But something is telling me him and Stallone may have barried the hatchet with him doing an Apollo Creed spin off from the Rocky Franchise.  How can you have an Creed spin off and Weathers not be apart of it?  I just have a feeling he's going to in it. 

unless it's in flashbacks Weathers can't really be in it given what happened in Rocky IV.

Unsure about this.

It's defacto Rocky 7 even if Rocky is a support character in an actual film called Creed.

I have mixed initial feelings about this. Recasting his older son and him being trained by his Father, now that works for me on some level better but still not sure overall that the character needs to be seen again after the great finale in Rocky Balboa

Who the hell is this Michael Jordan?? Y'all are praising him and all, but I've never even heard of the guy.

His performance in Fruitvale Station is among the best of the year. Up there with McConaughey in Mud and Franco in Spring Breakers. 

This wasn't the direction I expected Coogler to go in but after Fruitvale I'm very curious/interested. 

Who the hell is this Michael Jordan?? Y'all are praising him and all, but I've never even heard of the guy.

Cause you will. Fruitvale is going to be what Winter Bone was for JLaw. And then Black Panther is going to be his THG. I honestly don't see any other actor in that role now. He's such a hot property of the moment that offering him BP is inevitable.

Creed's grandson? Wouldn't he be a kid or a teen? I don't remember Creed having any kids (or being married) in Rocky...so if he had his first born in the 70s...he wouldn't have a full grown grandson yet.

If Rocky is in the movie, then the audience will want to see him fight, no matter how old he may be.

I could care less about Michael Jordan. If Stallone is playing Rocky, that will be the selling point, and it will not be satisfying emotionally to just see him in the corner.  I understand it dramatically and storyline-wise, though.