baumer

Wednesday #s RTH

Wow, another harsh drop in TC for MOS. It'll stall at around 290M. Still a success regardless though. Hopefully it can do good business in Japan.

• Like 2

Conjuring: 4,517,407

PR: 1,902,467

counts:

Conjuring: 3022

PR: 2602

MoS: 501

It seems I've been quite accurate with my $285m prediction for MoS. From the weekend that TASM went from 1.585 theaters to 598, it only made more $4m. It seems that MoS will make more or less $290m until the end of its run. No way how Warner will "let the film on theaters" until it cross to $300m like some have predicted here. People forget that in order for a film to cross a mark, there's to have demand. The demand doesn't exist anymore, so the movie it's slowly saying goodbye to the theaters. 

• Like 1

MoS is an awful movie. I'm not exactly happy because of its disappointing run but maybe it shows that sometimes even the GA cant be fooled.

LOL it made a lot of money though. Big success.

It seems I've been quite accurate with my $285m prediction for MoS. From the weekend that TASM went from 1.585 theaters to 598, it only made more $4m. It seems that MoS will make more or less $290m until the end of its run. No way how Warner will "let the film on theaters" until it cross to $300m like some have predicted here. People forget that in order for a film to cross a mark, there's to have demand. The demand doesn't exist anymore, so the movie it's slowly saying goodbye to the theaters. 

I don't know if "no demand" is true. I think the biggest factor is too many wide releases.

• Like 2

I don't know if "no demand" is true. I think the biggest factor is too many wide releases.

There's no demand, there's no word of mouth and there's no repeating value, just like TASM1 last year. Of course that a sequel should be made, a sequel that tried to make a better film by changing what was wrong in the first. It's a shame that MoS won't get a proper sequel, regardless if the film wasn't as good as everyone hoped for. 

• Like 1

There's no demand, there's no word of mouth and there's no repeating value, just like TASM1 last year. Of course that a sequel should be made, a sequel that tried to make a better film by changing what was wrong in the first. It's a shame that MoS won't get a proper sequel, regardless if the film wasn't as good as everyone hoped for. 

I don't agree.

What irritates me most about MOS run is just when it began to stabilize and started developing something approaching legs it lost a sh*t load of theatres and once it lost imax, then good night vienna.

• Like 1

I guess. 

BTW, Wolverine shows begin at 10PM in the U.S.? I don't see any listings in NYC before that tonight.

I know right, it's total BS that it doesn't have earlier Preview showings when others have had as early as 7 or 8pm.

I can't recall which ones but I want to say WHD and/or Lone Ranger + one of the animated films at the least. 

This should've had an 8pm, I'd have been there. 

The 37yr old adult in me that has to be up at 6am can't role in close to 1am and go to work the next day. 

• Like 1