CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

Cjohn..you were so quick at making this thread... I wanted too! :( (hope I can make the real thread of this when announced)I hope Orga, Rodan, and King Ghidorah appear in this. At least they will be smart enoigh not to put a talking baby Godzilla! :pHopefully they don't put in mothera, that would be a real letdown, I have always thought of Mothera as "boring".

Cjohn..you were so quick at making this thread... I wanted too! :( (hope I can make the real thread of this when announced)I hope Orga, Rodan, and King Ghidorah appear in this. At least they will be smart enoigh not to put a talking baby Godzilla! :PHopefully they don't put in mothera, that would be a real letdown, I have always thought of Mothera as "boring".

This will be the real thread :P It will be moved to the main forum when it is announced.

• Like 3

Jesus, this is absolutely INCREDIBLE if and whenever he does this and hopefully soon.. Let's get on this.. Edwards will be to GODZILLA what Joss Whedon was to The AVENGERS: A Director/filmmaker who GET'S IT..

• Like 2

I think Destroy All Monsters is overrated, and the modern Destroy All Monsters (Final Wars) is even worse. Having a bunch of monsters in a film is meaningless if most of them either don't see any action or are worthless cannon fodder. 

My opinion: pick 2-3 of King Ghidorah, Mothra, MechaGodzilla, Rodan, Anguirus, Gigan, Destroyah and go with that as the enemy kaiju.

• Like 1

I think Destroy All Monsters is overrated, and the modern Destroy All Monsters (Final Wars) is even worse. Having a bunch of monsters in a film is meaningless if most of them either don't see any action or are worthless cannon fodder. 

My opinion: pick 2-3 of King Ghidorah, Mothra, MechaGodzilla, Rodan, Anguirus, Gigan, Destroyah and go with that as the enemy kaiju.

Well we don't know how many monsters will be in it.

Well we don't know how many monsters will be in it.

Destroy All Monsters had 11 monsters (Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah, Gorosaurus, Minya, Kumonga, Baragon, Varan, Manda) and Final Wars had 15 (Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, Minya, Kumonga, Manda, Kamacuras, King Caesar, Hedorah, Gigan, Ebirah, Monster X, Kaiser Ghidorah, Zilla). Both of those were way too crowded.

• Like 1

Hey Neo, an admin at Toho Kingdom said that in 2009 he overheard that they have the rights to five monsters from Toho. Although he does acknowledge that was a long time ago, and that by now WB will probably get more rights for monsters considering it's a success. :)

• Like 3

Hey Neo, an admin at Toho Kingdom said that in 2009 he overheard that they have the rights to five monsters from Toho. Although he does acknowledge that was a long time ago, and that by now WB will probably get more rights for monsters considering it's a success. :)

Offhand, I'd guess those five would be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, and MechaGodzilla. I think those are generally accepted as Godzilla's most popular foes.

If the five does not count Godzilla, the fifth would probably be Anguirus.

• Like 4

Offhand, I'd guess those five would be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, and MechaGodzilla. I think those are generally accepted as Godzilla's most popular foes.If the five does not count Godzilla, the fifth would probably be Anguirus.

Agreed, although I doubt Mechagodzilla will be in the first sequel. Probably Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Rodan first. Then in the sequel, I think WB will obtain more rights and put in Anguirus and Mechagodzilla.
  • Like 3

Agreed, although I doubt Mechagodzilla will be in the first sequel. Probably Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Rodan first. Then in the sequel, I think WB will obtain more rights and put in Anguirus and Mechagodzilla.

I'd like that. We've had Rodan/MechaGodzilla and Mothra/MechaGodzilla. King Ghidorah/MechaGodzilla would be too much in one movie, but Anguirus/MechaGodzilla would be a cool combo, just as long as Anguirus actually lasts into the movie this time.

• Like 1

Yeah, I personally hope Rodan and Anguirus don't die. :)What do you think of Gigan and Biollante in a later sequel? No go, or cool?