Gojira (1954)

Mothra vs Godzilla (1964)

Ghidorah, the 3-headed monster (1964)

Godzilla vs Biollante (1989)
Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995)

GMK (2001)

Godzilla 2014

Shin Godzilla (2016)

I think the original "Rodan" and "Mothra" films are also must watches.

For the 1954 film I recommend seeing if you get a copy of the dvd set that includes both the Original Japanese film and the English Language version :"Godzilla:The King Of the Monsters" ( I am sure the upcoming film having the same name is NOT a coindence). The differences are fascinating: The "Godzilla as a metaphor for the Atom Bomb" angle is really toned down; and an American Jounalist (played by Raymond Burr, right before he had a massive success on TV as Perry Mason) covering the story was inserted .

If memory serves, didn't Burr repeat the role in the 70's for in one of the Godzilla films?

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the original "Rodan" and "Mothra" films are also must watches.

For the 1954 film I recommend seeing if you get a copy of the dvd set that includes both the Original Japanese film and the English Language version :"Godzilla:The King Of the Monsters" ( I am sure the upcoming film having the same name is NOT a coindence). The differences are fascinating: The "Godzilla as a metaphor for the Atom Bomb" angle is really toned down; and an American Jounalist (played by Raymond Burr, right before he had a massive success on TV as Perry Mason) covering the story was inserted .

If memory serves, didn't Burr repeat the role in the 70's for in one of the Godzilla films?

Yeah in the american edit of Return of Godzilla (1985) he reprised the role.

Wow, was watching a bunch of youtube reviews for KOTM and it's getting savaged.  Very different from the initial twitter reactions.

There is no way this is getting a Fresh rating on RT.

Just now, Gyaos said:

Wow, was watching a bunch of youtube reviews for KOTM and it's getting savaged.  Very different from the initial twitter reactions.

Links? Embargo's not up yet so confused who exactly is making YT vids reviewing it.

Why were the great original themes for Godzilla and Mothra used, but new music was created for Rodan and Ghidorah?

Those themes pale to the Ifukube originals.

Just now, Gyaos said:

Why were the great original themes for Godzilla and Mothra used, but new music was created for Rodan and Ghidorah?

Ah yep I can see the kind of fan you are but just to play around, it's because you need to pay money to license every single individual theme. Also Rodan's theme isn't iconic at all.

Just now, Mulder said:

Links? Embargo's not up yet so confused who exactly is making YT vids reviewing it.

Here's the one I watched last....

There’s literally not a lot of YouTube reviews out there besides quick reactions which have been mostly  positive. Take your trolling elsewhere 

Edited by Cookson

Just now, Gyaos said:

Those are just some random guys, not really an indication of much beyond maybe the GA? Maybe?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

And who are you?

6 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

I think its due to the rights & negotiations needed to be allowed to use the themes in the first place. 

Judging from interviews (I think it was one with Mcreary) it seems like a lot of work/approval was required just to use the Godzilla/Mothra themes alone.

So I guess for Rodan/Ghidorah Bear made use of what he had. Its not Ifukube, but it doesnt mean its not respectful to his legacy either. :D Bear's original themes are great as well!

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

Lol

2 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

I think its due to the rights & negotiations needed to be allowed to use the themes in the first place. 

Judging from interviews (I think it was one with Mcreary) it seems like a lot of work/approval was required just to use the Godzilla/Mothra themes alone.

So I guess for Rodan/Ghidorah Bear made use of what he had. Its not Ifukube, but it doesnt mean its not respectful to his legacy either. :D

You're always so nice to trolls kaijukurt, we need to saint you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Those are just some random guys, not really an indication of much beyond maybe the GA? Maybe?

This guy joined less than 15 minutes ago. Lol

I would hate watching movies with those two guys holy crap....

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

This guy joined less than 15 minutes ago. Lol

It's also conveniently the only YT video you can find if you search for the movie on twitter. Hm. 🤔

So I took a dive for myself and there's a few reviews out...but the weird thing is they're all saying like...the exact same things? I'm not sure if it's just the YT hive mind (which is definitely a thing) or what but it's very...weird. Not even like the same complaints, it's all a bunch of small movie review channels (And by a bunch I mean 4, I only watched 3 of them) all saying the same general thing. If I had to guess it might even be trying to get views from controversy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

You're always so nice to trolls kaijukurt, we need to saint you.

Thanks mulder, consider me flattered! :hahaha:

I just like explaining things, thats all. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's also conveniently the only YT video you can find if you search for the movie on twitter. Hm. 🤔

giphy.gif

• Like 3