CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

I know critics ratings don’t but the tone here would be different if Godzilla was 80s or 90s RT

people would be celebrating the fact movie was loved by critics but since movie wasn’t praised as anticipated critics don’t matter lol

• Like 2

Just now, Minnale101 said:

I know critics ratings don’t but the tone here would be different if Godzilla was 80s or 90s RT

people would be celebrating the fact movie was loved by critics but since movie wasn’t praised as anticipated critics don’t matter lol

Well yeah definitely, that's just how every fanbase is. If it stood as low as it started my tone would be different, I just think the kind of reviews and difference we're seeing is more polarizing/divisive then anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harsh3090416 said:

Critics score mean squad everyone loved Aladdin and it has a 94% audience rating. 

I don't trust audience ratings on a site where users have a history of bombarding movies with fake ratings to inflate/deflate the grade.

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Venom lol. Which is better example than Venom.

Venom was bad fun. But it was still bad. In fact, it might be more bad than fun? Yeah, no, Venom isn't a good example.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I don't trust audience ratings on a site where users have a history of bombarding movies with fake ratings to inflate/deflate the grade.

They've recently made policy changes so that you need to prove you've actually seen the movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

A. They fixed that

B. Come on people will be overloading the audience rating for......Aladdin?

Just now, filmlover said:

They've recently made policy changes so that you need to prove you've actually seen the movie.

What? Do they ask for the ticket stub?

They only allow verified Fandango purchases rn, Aladdin was the first film to get it.

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Venom was bad fun. But it was still bad. In fact, it might be more bad than fun? Yeah, no, Venom isn't a good example.

I was talking about critics & Audience divide in case of Venom.

You link to a Fandango ticket purchase somehow.  There's deals coming down the pike with Cinemark, Atom, Regal, and a whole bunch of other ticket purchases.

The combined verified/"non verified" scores are still there, just under a different tab.

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Come on people will be overloading the audience rating for......Aladdin?

You don't know how crazy Disney fans can be over the Disney animated canon. :P

• Haha 1

You don't know how crazy Disney fans can be over the Disney animated canon. :P

If anything that would've happened to save TLJ and BP's audience scores.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I think so, yeah. Only way you can really prove it unless you somehow come across one (lol have to actually go to a theater and hope to come across one on the outside ground to do that) or use a friend's ticket that they gave to you.

Edit: or as @Mulder said.

Edited by filmlover

28 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Man if I hadn't already bought tickets to see this with the BOT LA Crew...I would consider skipping this.

That RT score. Yikes.

Hopefully, the monster fights are worth the price of admission. 

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

:hahaha:

giphy.gif

You'd think this was getting a 20s or 30s RT score by these ridiculous OTT reactions.

C'mon now, both of you. 

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

You can only give a ‘verified’ rating if you purchased a ticket for the movie through Fandango. 

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

You can only give a ‘verified’ rating if you purchased a ticket for the movie through Fandango. 

More importantly, the "verified" rating is the "default" audience score shown on RT.  You have to click a couple of buttons to see the "All Audience" score.  It's kinda like having to go the extra step to click the Top Critics button for reviews.

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

You'd think this was getting a 20s or 30s RT score by these ridiculous OTT reactions.

C'mon now, both of you. 

Meanwhile, Rocketman has 89%. I might have asked @Tele Dondarrion, @grim22, Dexter, kowhite, and Jay Hollywood to see the wrong movie.

Oh well.  I guess we'll see Saturday if we made the right call.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Meanwhile, Rocketman has 89%. I might have asked @Tele Dondarrion, @grim22, Dexter, kowhite, and Jay Hollywood to see the wrong movie.

Great good for you, you said your piece. You don't have to keep repeating it. : )

Image result for why not have both gif

That's what I'm doing this weekend (+ Ma).

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Image result for why not have both gif

That's what I'm doing this weekend (+ Ma).

Eh I don't like doing two movies, same day. But maybe I'll fit in Rocketman on Monday or Tuesday? Not sure if I'm gonna check out Ma. Probably not? Dark Pheonix is coming out next weekend though so yeah,  would have to before then. Not sure if I can make the time work for Ma (or Brightburn) though since I need to do an X-men marathon.

40 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

:hahaha:

lmao, I thought you liked every big budget film. Guess not.