CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

You do realize that boats and planes...move yes?

This is a secret. Your not suppose to tell everyone about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I swear....if this underperforms to an embarrassing and halting degree..I dread to think what the future will be for this cinematic monster universe. Really concerned now. 😢

If it does very bad....will it kill off any potential for future films to come, the way Mummy killed the Dark Universe?

I think the reason they shoved all these big name monsters in the movie was in case the series failed, they could end with at least the big fan favorites.

It depends if the filmmakers are smart enough not to end Godzilla vs Kong with a cliffhanger.

I imagine Godzilla vs Kong will have an open ending, in case they wanna end it right there but live room for a continuation 

• Like 2

At the very least guys, we get to see Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah for the first time in a big budget film!!! :) and we get another Kong VS Zilla movie!!!! 

• Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

Can we please wait for audience WOM and then pass judgement, it should do more than its prequel & even Kong Skull Island. 

Also it has cusion of Godzilla vs Kong releasing after it, and it is the big one, and TBH it won't be first time that critics trash a movie and audience supports it if they do which i think they should.

It's just difference in preference, critics want something else, audience something else, i remember Godzilla had decent critical response but audience disliked it.

• Like 3

Besides i don't think Monsterverse will end with just 4 movies, maybe they'll gauge about the performance of the 4 movies and plan further but it's kinda hard to fathom that they'll end it just like that when you have had 2 500 million WW successes so far, maybe a bit change in planning and thinking but don't think they they aren't already thinking about Godzilla 3 & Kong 2 currently.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Besides i don't think Monsterverse will end with just 4 movies, maybe they'll gauge about the performance of the 4 movies and plan further but it's kinda hard to fathom that they'll end it just like that when you have had 2 500 million WW successes so far, maybe a bit change in planning and thinking but don't think they they aren't already thinking about Godzilla 3 & Kong 2 currently.

It’s hard to say really. Yeah G14 and KSI were  successful in the end, they are definitely risks with how much they cost. Hopefully the 170m revelation is true because it means you can make a heavy cgi Godzilla film for under 200m. Change the tone maybe... there’s got to be a mix between G14 and KotM that everyone will like.

Edited by Cookson

15 minutes ago, Cookson said:

It’s hard to say really. Yeah G14 and KSI were  successful in the end, they are definitely risks with how much they cost. Hopefully the 170m revelation is true because it means you can make a heavy cgi Godzilla film for under 200m. Change the tone maybe... there’s got to be a mix between G14 and KotM that everyone will like.

As i said, they'll plan for it, it's not like they don't have the potential, but you'll have to do better in terms of strategies of making and release, let's wait for audience response and then GvK. This won't be the end of Monsterverse, it still has huge potential and as i said, Godzilla 3 & Kong 2 are real possibilities.

An ideal Monsterverse would’ve been this:

Godzilla 2014

Kong: Skull Island 

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 

Godzilla vs King Kong 

Godzilla 3 

Destroy All Monsters

with perhaps Kong 2 and/or a Mothra spin off film before DAM

51 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Kong v. Godzilla is a big hook. Everyone knows those two.

Everyone knew the Justice League too.

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Actually a big part of the issue was everyone didn't know most of the Justice League because they rushed into it with proper introductions only for Batman, Superman (who everyone already knows) and Wonder Woman. They never actually built JL into feeling like a big event the way Avengers had.

8 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Nah. Had just seen Supes and Bats in BvS. And, that actually did open pretty huge.

If I had my way they have let the filmmakers do a wacky, wild, weird Godzilla v. Hedorah. Fits the times. Smog Monster could be a cinematic wonder with modern effects too. 

That's my favorite Godzilla flick to this day.

• Thanks 1

A Godzilla trilogy featuring Biollante and Destroyah would’ve been awesome 

6 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

A Godzilla trilogy featuring Biollante and Destroyah would’ve been awesome 

My god dude, wait for the OW before this 'would've' stuff.

• Like 1

Godzilla Vs Kong is going to be huge regardless of how this one does.

The last Freddy/Jason movies were series lows before Freddy Vs Jason, which was, by far, the highest grossing in either franchise. Avengers flew way past all the previous MCU movies. The Justice League comparison doesn't work because they blew their load on BvS, which had the three JL members people wanted to see together. 

Even if everything goes wrong this weekend and it makes like $100M dom total, GvK is going over $300M.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ithil said:

Actually a big part of the issue was everyone didn't know most of the Justice League because they rushed into it with proper introductions only for Batman, Superman (who everyone already knows) and Wonder Woman. They never actually built JL into feeling like a big event the way Avengers had.

The comparison was to the characters of King Kong and Godzilla in popular culture. Not specifically in regards to the prior films. 

I was responding to "Kong v. Godzilla is a big hook. Everyone knows those two.".

Everyone knew the Justice League also. Just because everyone knows who Kong and Godzilla are doesn't guarantee success.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

Godzilla Vs Kong is going to be huge regardless of how this one does.

The last Freddy/Jason movies were series lows before Freddy Vs Jason, which was, by far, the highest grossing in either franchise.

It's funny you mentioned Freddy vs Jason because the first time I saw that movie I recognized so many parallels to the original King Kong vs Godzilla movie.  

Godzilla/Freddy = villain
Jason/Kong = good guys

Kong = on an island not doing anything until he's disturbed.
Jason = resting/dead at Crystal Lake until he's disturbed.

Freddy = wants nothing more than to kill
Godzilla = wants nothing more than to cause destruction

1st battle between the title characters...

Godzilla fries Kong with radioactive breathe (characters in movie sympathize with Kong)
Freddy kicks Jason's ass and turns him into a vulernable little kid (characters in movie sympathize with Jason)

Characters in both movies figure out..."hey, let's get these 2 monsters together and maybe the lesser of the two evils will kill the more evil monster.

Characters drug and transport Jason/Kong to get rid of more evil nemesis Freddy/Godzilla

2nd battle between superpowers...

Characters cheer/help the good guys (Jason, Kong)

Jason "the good guy" comes out the water as the victor and he's back home on Crystal Lake.
Kong "the good guy" comes out the water as the victor and he's heading back home to his island.

• Haha 1