CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Shingoji isn't really the scariest Godzilla. Everyone mentions the eyes, but it really has a look on its face that it's "seen some shit, man, like I'm tripping out man!" And it's baby forms are oddly adorable. Now, the sole scene where it is terrifying is when it does it's atomic breath for the first time. I like the movie, but I don't think it quite works.

The scariest Godzilla is still GMK Godzilla, a white eyed malevolent beast that destroys all in its path. 

When the big guy goes atomic breath in Shin Gojira, I legit never thought he could get that overpowered. Was fucking bonkers! 

I still believe that the video game like CGI is turning off people. The scene where Godzilla runs towards Ghidorah looks like it was actually ripped from a video game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I still believe that the video game like CGI is turning off people. The scene where Godzilla runs towards Ghidorah looks like it was actually ripped from a video game.

And they had 5 years for this, and a long post production period to fix the CGI smh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Shingoji isn't really the scariest Godzilla. Everyone mentions the eyes, but it really has a look on its face that it's "seen some shit, man, like I'm tripping out man!" And it's baby forms are oddly adorable. Now, the sole scene where it is terrifying is when it does it's atomic breath for the first time. I like the movie, but I don't think it quite works.

The scariest Godzilla is still GMK Godzilla, a white eyed malevolent beast that destroys all in its path. 

It took me a while to get used to the pudgy look but GMK Godzilla is still my favorite of the modern era mainly because he was a force of nature that just couldn't be stopped. GMK delivered on what Godzilla '14 trailers were trying to express.

The shot of Godzilla running at Ghidorah doesn't look like its from a video game, lmao.

This is what a video game of that would look like

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The shot of Godzilla running at Ghidorah doesn't look like its from a video game, lmao.

This is what a video game of that would look like

You showed off what a low budget game can muster. 

58 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

And they had 5 years for this, and a long post production period to fix the CGI smh

I can't tell if this is supposed to be ironic since the VFX work looks phenomenal.

14 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I can't tell if this is supposed to be ironic since the VFX work looks phenomenal.

Only in some shots

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Show me this video game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I always kind of defended critics on this site, because fans/fandoms tend to get really toxic when they not like something out of the fans beloved franchise.

But not with this film. I honestly think the critics dont get what this movie is and what it means for anyone who loves the old Godzilla films.

Why should the critics - OR the General Audience - care what a bunch of nerds think?

Big movies shown in cinemas are meant for the GA! (If they were shown at private halls with signs "Nerds Only", it would be different.) So they should be evaluated as general movies with general values.

Also, really not a fan of your hereby declared hypocrisy! You either recognize the lies of the critics, or you don't. If you see them - and take their side, you are a dirty collaborationist! So serves you right here. (Though, as it seems, they are not trying to kill your movie here - it may just be objectively bad for normal people.)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Why should the critics - OR the General Audience - care what a bunch of nerds think?

Big movies shown in cinemas are meant for the GA! (If they were shown at private halls with signs "Nerds Only", it would be different.) So they should be evaluated as general movies with general values.

Also, really not a fan of your hereby declared hypocrisy! You either recognize the lies of the critics, or you don't. If you see them - and take their side, you are a dirty collaborationist! So serves you right here. (Though, as it seems, they are not trying to kill your movie here - it may just be objectively bad for normal people.)

Shay please take your shit out of this thread. Seriously, no one wants to listen to your anti-critic propaganda here. 

9 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

You guys should check the OS thread because it's been underperforming everywhere, Jesus Christ. At this point I'll be happy with anything above 400m+ WW.

source.gif 

Curse you superhero genre over saturation, you've ruined the profitability of disaster movies OS outside of Jurassic Park! 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Shay please take your shit out of this thread. Seriously, no one wants to listen to your anti-critic propaganda here. 

I was wondering why most of his posts have not received well deserved "not cool" or "wtf" reactions, or strong rebuttal replies like yours. Then I realised most likely he has been put in the ignore lists of many forumners.

Time for me to put him in the ignore list as well.

9 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

source.gif 

Curse you superhero genre over saturation, you've ruined the profitability of disaster movies OS outside of Jurassic Park! 

IKR! Fuck this shit *sub* genre, it's ruining cinema. We're soon going to live in a world where the only blockbusters are going to be funny book movies. :sick:

19 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

You guys should check the OS thread because it's been underperforming everywhere, Jesus Christ. At this point I'll be happy with anything above 400m+ WW.

Not accepting that fate yet. It’s opening in basically every territory this weekend. Info from like 6 territories out of 75 isn’t “everywhere”. It could very well bomb OS... but still something like 150 domestic, 150 China, 200 OS-China is 500 WW.... good enough considering all the negative crap floating around.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

IKR! Fuck this shit *sub* genre, it's ruining cinema. We're soon going to live in a world where the only blockbusters are going to be funny book movies. :sick:

Real talk, I blame Disney most of all for how the future of genre movies is going. Audiences aren't ever going to be sick of this stuff so Disney is going to keep pumping more of it out. Fuck me, we're going to have at least 5 Marvel movies out every year between Disney-Fox and Sony. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Indeed Cookson.

Lucasfilm's post is very very off. As no way is Godzilla showing massive underperformance os. Its set to have a huge opening in China, sk and some decent trackin in UK and Mexico and Australia. 

470-550m os and better is still in the cards. Come on China and Asia, Australia and more..Godzilla roars baby!!

😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Indeed lucasfilm's post is very very off. As no way is Godzilla underperforming os. Its set to have a huge opening in China, sk and some decent trackin in UK and Mexico and Australia.

😉

It opened at number 4 in the UK. Behind Aladdin, Pets 2, and Rocketman. That is crazy to me.